1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow blower in and out of truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TreffertLawnWrx, Nov 6, 2003.

1. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

What are you guys using for snow blowers that are in and out of the back of the truck all the time. Been looking for something on the light side (weight and price) as I dont have alot of walks but enough to justify a little blower. I see Menards has a smaller 3 hp gas for like 250. Its light and I think would suffice, any input?
  2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

2 words Toro Powerlight. good with snow up to 10" weights 35# and will do about a mile of walks on a gallon of gas
  3. Snow Assassin

Snow Assassin Junior Member
    from Indiana

I like a Toro CCR 2000. It is kind of heavy, but managable, especially if you don't have that many walks. They are monsters, take a beating, and have loads of power for whatever you get thown at you. I get them used for $200- $250, and have never worn one out. Home owners bought them in the early and mid 90's, kept them for a while and decided to sell. They all look like new, and virtually are for the quality engine they put on them. Big Nate may have a great suggestion, I just had a bad experience with a Powerlite. It was used, but looked like new, sounded great, but would not do anything with snow if it was wet at all, so we quickly parted ways.

I would not waste money on a Menards special, Toro is in another class.

4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have only this -1- comment.... I do NOT get out of my truck :drinkup: unless it is to relieve myself / eat dinner / or save a beautiful woman in distress :angel: Snow-throwers & sidewalks are for ground crews & thats what I pay them to do. Ground crews are a great thing and I tip my hat to those who brave the cold to do the service... but after all these years, I am staying in the WARM cab of the truck and drinking my coffee.
  5. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I use a set of ramps for loading and unloading. I have a 6.5 ft bed so thats how long the ramps are. I have strips of wood nailed on the ramps for traction. Once the ramps freeze it sucks driving the blower up.
    I enjoy getting out of the truck to shovel a few steps or use the blower. I will look at the powerlite to see what it can do.
  6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I was thinking of adding a light machine just for special use . I dont want to get into snowblowing.These powerlights sound like they could be good lightweight machines

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have two little 2troke blowers
    i sears and a toro ccr2000

nice and light easy to lift in and out of the truck

if it gets deep i break out the 10hp blower

8. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Who is the manufacturer of light weight Sears snowblowers ?
  9. Big Nate's Plowing

sears=AYP= JUNK! the powerlights are nice

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

no clue who makes it

only thing i know 5yrs starts 1-2 pulls
    bought it used for a $100.00 bucks

best hundred ive ever spent

plus you buy one new if you dont like it sears has a great return policy

11. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Hey Nate what is with GodSlayer.org and the message they sent you? If you haven't seen it yet you may want to check it out. Not a good thing for customers to see.
  12. Big Nate's Plowing

OOPS!!! :eek: it was to combat a hotlinking problem I was having with some pics, I used the full address instead of the /images/yourpic.tif and it thinks that it is hotlinked

:edit: all fixed
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2003
  13. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

toro 620 would be sweet.