1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfTalent, Sep 29, 2005.

1. TurfTalent

TurfTalent Junior Member

Just recieved a new snow removal account for a townhome village (40 drives and long walkways). I have been using an ATV w/ plow and hand shovelers for sidewalks and driveways for other properties but would like to know what your thoughts are to using a snowblower for this complex since the ATV is timeconsuming on drives and shovelers would be there hours. Not sure how running a loud snowblower engine would go over with a prominently older community in the middle of night or morning. I had also considered just using the plows on my trucks to pull the snow back but there is not enough room for the truck to manuver. Also, any suggestions on a make and model of snow blowers would be helpfull. Thanks

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

That's funny, I run teams with snowblowers and was thinking about replacing them with ATV's... :eek:

3. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

if you cant plow it with a truck i wont of even taken the contract like i say plowing contracts are the easiest contract to get why spend money when you have plows go find something thats easy to plow thats how your going to make money. remember times money. :waving:

4. TurfTalent

TurfTalent Junior Member

Time is money

Your right, time is money. So why would you suggest that I limit myself to a crew of 1 (me), when I can make money for each worker every hour I have out there shoveling or clearing space with an AVT. Im limited to about 6 good snow falls to plow each winter so I have to take full advantage of each one.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I never heard of anything like this before.... :rolleyes:

6. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I don't think you'll have trouble if you bring in a snowblower or two. Remember that since it's cold out, everyone's windows will be closed and some outside noise is expected for snow clearing/removal when it's snowing. I know lots of guys who run snowblowers at condo projects without any trouble at all.