1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower for payloader??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnkale, Feb 5, 2011.

1. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

looking for a snow blower for front of payloader? any ideas? Must have some balls to go thru hard packed snow.

Please any advice would be helpful. Make, Models, where to get one

thanks

2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck with that. The only kind of blower I've ever seen on a wheel loader has been self-powered, usually by a pretty darn big diesel engine. You'll be hard pressed to just find one sitting around at a dealer, as I'd assumed their built to order. And if you order now, you probably won't get to use until next winter. Good luck.

3. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

There is a used on listed on kijiiji in my area, they were asking $16000 for it, I well try find the link if u are interested

6. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

yes please do

7. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

yes i called them...$120,000////

8. dltcplow

dltcplow Junior Member

loader blowers

There are a few manufactuers for large snowblowers you can get them with a JRB quick coupler too, which if you use the machine for other stuff this is a good idea, you will also need the controls mounted in the cab permanatly and then a plug goes out front. self contained units start at 250 HP, and cost 125,000 plus, you better have lots of work for this or find a bargain on an older one

9. pmorrissette

I have taken a look on the local on-line classifieds and will be posting links to few interesing machines. Since we are in Quebec, the listings will be in French, but pics and $$$ are universal.

10. pmorrissette

11. pmorrissette

12. pmorrissette

13. pmorrissette

14. pmorrissette

15. pmorrissette

16. leon

leon Senior Member

snow thrower

There are a small handfull of self contained motorised snow throwers and sizes;
    Zaugg, Schmidt holding, My firend Bill Myslick has severak brands of them for sale.

And the money invested you will be better off buying a row crop ag tractor,
    and an industrial rear mount snow blower for much less money.

What is the width of cut you are looking for?, most all of these units are designed
    to load dump trucks with an 8 foot cut as normal course of business.

The large industrial row crop tractor powered snow blowers can be fitted with extended
    chutes to load trucks if needed.

Your asking a reaaly broad question with about 200 potential answers candidly,
    as you are also entering territory that encompasses self contained airport snowblower attachments.

Your investigating or asking me to provide you with machinery that will cast hundreds or
    thousands of tons per hour and you have to decide if you need something that big when a
    snow blower mounted on a very large horsepower ag tractor will do what you want for less money.

You cannot just shop for a snow thrower in this class size as it requires a lot of work to define
    what the customer really needs or can afford- you wil be paying for this machine the year round until it is
    PAID FOR dont forget that part, and the smaller hydraulic attachment ones are underpowered.

For the money the self propelled tracked Zaugg Snow Beast or Bulldog should be something you should investigate
    further as they are designed for heavy snow and ice removal.

The single stage snow cutters built by Schmidt Holding can be mounted on ag tractors of high
    horsepower and work very well

You have to create decision tree and determine your ACTUAL needs before you proceed candidly speaking.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  17. Freebird

Freebird Member

I want one of those airport rigs just for sidewalks :mechanic:

18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

A hydro? :rolleyes:

19. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

20. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

that link he posted on youtube :laughing:

that thing looks like it boggs down on the super small crap sittin in the lot. :whistling: