1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower carb issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by richardb200373, Feb 2, 2010.

1. richardb200373

richardb200373 Junior Member

I have 2 mtd 8/24's, track drive. I had the carb rebuilt on one last year. For the most part, it runs fine, but sometimes, gets choked out due to too much fuel in the bowl. I checked the float, it's ok, no holes or fuel in it. Day before, it ran fine for the first 4 hours, then started acting up again, so I have to push the fuel release on the bowl to let fuel out, then goes ok, but have to do this repeatedly when it starts doing it and almost seems to be in the same spot (after coming back around) , not on big slope, so not a problem getting fuel, and sometimes seems to do it after I fill up??..... . Sometimes it happens at the begining of the day, or end, you never know. Any advice is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Barrera Landscaping
    Cross Junction, VA
  2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

check your gas tanks for sediment in them, especially the plastic ones that you carry around in the back of truck