1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower Break-In Methods

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chefwong, Dec 12, 2004.

1. chefwong

chefwong Junior Member

So I'm taking delivery of my single stage Honda HS-520 this week.
    The manual doesn't suggest changing of the oil during break-in but just a maintence oil change at 25 hours.

Just curious how ya'll break-in / oil regimine is for new snowblowers. I'm planning to run it for 2 hours -change with Dino , then run again for 2 hours and change with Dino. I'll do 2 oil changes with Dino oil and then put synthetic in, and then just change it every 25-30 hours of use.

Different folks have different break in methods. One guy broke in his engine, by running it for 20 minute segments for 1 hour unloaded. Then he ran 20 minute segments for 1 hour again loaded *handle that engages the auger was tied down*. Each 20 minute segment was loaded at 1/3, 2/3 and then full throttle.

Do you guys go as far this during break in, or ya'll just assemble the blower and put her right to work :)

THEKNEEBITER Junior Member
    from MA.