1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower Advise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by zwhit81, Mar 5, 2015.

1. zwhit81

zwhit81 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Can anyone recommend a snow blower? I am wanting to start sub contracting for a friend doing sidewalks and also small sub division driveways.

What brands are the best?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The kinds that don't break

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Normand inverted.

4. dieselss

Nice....driven by?

5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think he was thinking anything that Large.......Whats he gonna run it off of his Moms car.....:whistling:

I think we are talking more in the lines of a Toro single stage.....:salute:

6. dieselss

Here's a nice 2 stage....

tmp_4260-phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg929013538.jpeg

7. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Why stop there....Lets take it up a notch........Thumbs Up

th.jpg

8. dieselss

Now that's crazy. Mom's camery can't tow that

9. Mark Oomkes

Oops..................my apologies to the OP.

OP, you should check with SnoFarmer, he has some great advice regarding SS and TS snowblowers.

10. Mark Oomkes

This might be a single stage.

11. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Ariens makes a great 36" 2 stage.

Cub Cadet makes a 45" 2 stage.

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have an ariens and simplticty 2 stage

13. KL3540

KL3540 Senior Member
    from Almont

From my experience, toro single stage and Ariens two stage is what I've gone to.

The Ariens rarely gets used but is a sweet machine...

Toro is light and fast.... If you want more details I can definitely elaborate. Of course this is my experience after using a Variety of brands etc

14. zwhit81

zwhit81 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Any advise would be great! I don't think my mom will let me borrow her car for snow removal:(

Also, cub cadet website had several 3stage blowers...anyone use these?

15. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I think that is another gimmick as multi blade razors.

16. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Toro, single stage , power clear 721. Have the 621's but they have upgraded them to 721. Work great and good price. Just get the basic model . No electric start and standard chute control. Will save u some money. If u got the money then upgrade the chute. Upgrade the paddles after the original wear out . A good upgrade . Have been using them for 5 years and are great for walks. If your doing major snow might think about a dual stage snow blower . Dont have much experience with these , so I cant help there . U get what u pay for . A single stage will do up to 10" no problem. So a dual stage works good for big snows and alot of it . Good luck.

17. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

"From my experience, toro single stage and Ariens two stage is what I've gone to."
    This is a very good combo, covers you in most all situations.
    about 2k total investment not including trucks.

I have also heard the Honda singles and Toro two stages are very good but I personally have never owned these.

18. snoboss

snoboss Member

we use a jd 2305 with a 47inch blower on front 48 inch box scraper on back. first thing you do with jd blower is take out the set screws and locktight them. my experience they will come loose and self destruct. otherwise 4x4 is is a must have. I have tried the walk behinds but found the first thing the guys do is pull the 6ft rewind rope out 28ft. (sarc)