1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow billing statement. what you think?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by elegantlawns, Nov 25, 2012.

1. elegantlawns

elegantlawns Junior Member
    from Mi

this is only for residential sidewalks and driveways not plowing. let me know what you guys think Scan0002.jpg

Scan0002.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I saw this somewhere.

3. elegantlawns

elegantlawns Junior Member
    from Mi

surely did lol

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

placing in mailbox is illegal unless its being mailed to you.
    I would pick up quickbooks and use that program. Much more professional in appearance.

5. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

its pretty, but i agree, quickbooks is great. can do everything your business needs. even your taxes as long as its setup with your correct tax codes.

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it is, the postmaster will send you a letter in the mail as well.

7. birddseedd

yes it is against the law to put it "inside" the box. although there's no way your customers would actually get caught. but, you could always just put up your own box (since legally the us govt takes ownership of your's)

tho i think its better to put in a small envelope in with your statement so they can just mail them back. i'v taken paypal before.

8. birddseedd

i got a call from the post office for taping flyers to the boxes in the spring. politely told the lady off because it isn't illegal. they didn't call back.

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It looks nice but at the same time your appoarch seems to be pretty labor intensive and doesn't seem to be a effective way to keep records.
    Here's a couple of things you may want to think about.
    Do your billing in Quick Books or Excell, create a invoice template.
    Add customer name, site address
    Add invoice number
    Add invoice date
    Add your payment terms and remit to address.
    Use Email for your invoicing, so you're not delivering them or paying postage.
    They mail you the payment ,so you're not burning fuel and rooting around in a mailbox that's not yours.

Not to rip on you in any way after all it's your gig, just giving you an opinion.Thumbs Up

10. birddseedd

quickbookw all the way........

11. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

I agree, Quickbooks templates can be customized to your liking or needs.

More professional and efficient.

Plus Intuit(Quickbooks sister)has a bank to bank payment option that charges .50 cents per transaction up to $5,000.

Check Amazon for best pricing on Quickbooks.

12. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I never understood why the states is so paranoid about their mailboxes. Mail tampering is illegal up here aswell but being illegal to leave something in a mail box is ridiculous.

13. birddseedd

Intuit is the software company that wrote quickbooks, quicken, and others. what application are you refering to as "quickbooks sister"

are you talking about recieving payments with intuit? or makign payments. if making payments your own bank most likely has a payment plan for that kind of thing that is free.

14. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

Getting Paid. If you are collecting emails(which I highly recommend) from your current and new customers, this is great for getting paid quick. Sure we all have slooooooow payers, but we all have the clients that are on top of it also.

Intuit Payment Network

15. birddseedd

ty for the info