1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow bids

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by missbhaven, Nov 14, 2013.

1. missbhaven

missbhaven Junior Member

I'm getting killed on my bids on jobs, I don't know how these guys make any money on some of their bids. I usually quote jobs by inch of snow like 2"-5" snowfall per push = $100.00. I've never bid jobs on a trigger, I'm going to try to bid next job on a 2" trigger, but I have a question regarding a trigger if someone could answer.

Question: If you have a two inch trigger bid on a job for lets say $100.00, and it snow's four inch's on one snowfall. Does that mean you bill out because it accumulated $200.00 on "one push", or does that mean you just bill out $100.00?
    If what I think is true and you would bill out $200.00 what about
    one snowfall was 5.8" would you bill out only $200.00 or would you round off because over .5 to bill out $600.00.
    Could someone answer my dumb question?
  2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

If the last push is a little over the trigger, it's on me. Customers don't like it when you split hairs.
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

A trigger is a starting point
    So you have 2'' trigger and you pull in a lot and it has 4'' I charge $100 but if I pulled in at 2'' and again later at 2'' then I charge $200

I charge per visit with a trigger on high traffic lots and I do some by the inch on other jobs with low traffic lots