1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow, beautiful snow.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by glenspot, Sep 10, 2004.

1. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

I am itching SO much for this years winter...I went on some local websites and found pics from the past couple of winters around here.

These aren't plowing pics, just beautiful shots of snow sweet snow.

Hopefully you will appreciate them. Enjoy. Especially if you live in a snow deprived area. I can't wait for snow. I am so incredibly eager for this year.

I've mentioned in other posts that we get 200+ inches of snow...starting in October and ending in April and sometimes May. For a better narrative of what you are seeing in these pics visit www.newsupnorth.com

My postcards went out today....hopefully I can start growing this business very soon.

[​IMG]
    I can't wait to see mornings like this.

2. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

more

The following pic was taken on December 11th:

[​IMG]

Here's one from November 24th:

[​IMG]

3. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

and more

By the morning of the 25th....after plows had already been through at least once. Driveways still looked like this:

[​IMG]

Ok, You say...so what. Everyone has snow in November. How about this one from October 1st, 2003.

[​IMG]

4. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

and more still

You could honestly spend the entire winter plowining. And I love it.

[​IMG]

Lake Superior on December 16th:

[​IMG]

5. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

sorry about the bandwith...hope i don't get in trouble

When does SPRING start in your kneck of the woods. March? April?

Check this out from March 20th at a ski hill:

[​IMG]

And if you think that the previous picture was all man-made snow. The following is from March 13, Downtown Wakefield:

[​IMG]

Another one from March, this one in 2002:

[​IMG]

I hope that these pictures cured some of the "snow bug" thats going around.

Glen

PS...i hadn't really read to see if there was a limit on the amount of bandwith a single user could use....I hope I don't get in trouble for posting so many pics.

BTW....these pics all came from the www.newsupnorth.com website. Its a site sponsored by the Western UP Convention and Visitors Beaurau. I didn't take the pictures, and don't pretend that I own them. Visit their website to learn about the Western UP.

(Thats my disclaimer)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures!!! We have had dustings in oct, big storms between thanksgiving and april fools day, i cant remember any more than a few flakes in early may.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice pictures, now come on' you guys are getting me all excited and it's suppose to be 84 here today :dizzy:

8. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

glenspot, those are awesome pictures. I can't hardly wait till it snows. Eysell I agree with you it is supposed to be 82 here today & that makes it hard to get excited but those pictures really help!! :waving:

9. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska

Hope to see some White Stuff real soon.

AKsnow.jpg

10. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

weather bug say tonites low will be 37

11. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Same here PSDF350 With frost advisiorys also. Just gives you an idea of what coming in the next few months :drinkup:

12. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

one can only hope plowman

13. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

With the way the summer has been I wouldn't doubt if we have a snowy winter here in the NE. My dad has a journal of the weather he said 5 years a go we had this same weather pattern and it turned out to be a snowy one.....I hope he is right :nod: payup :drinkup:

14. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

Damn It ,....i Love Snow!!!!!!!! :d :d :d :d :d