1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Bear Super Winch

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by freaker, Jan 7, 2011.

1. freaker

freaker Junior Member
    from ontario

My winch is stuck in the fully up postion. It is a stap one with the Super Winch 1102D. Can the blade be hand cranked down? Also I took the motor off with the two long bolts and pulled the winding out and all the springs and bushings came out. Now can't get other end off to put all back togther to try it. Does anyone know how to get other end of motor off to put it back togther to try. Think problem could be in wiring not the motor. Should you hear a beep on ohm meter when you touch both posts on the motor?

Any help would be great my driveway is half done and expecting more snow soon

Thanks

2. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

You can put the motor back together without taking other stuff apart. When I put them back together I just tape the brushes and springs in with electrical tape, and then you can fit everything together loosely and pull the strips of tape out. Takes a little patience, and some trial and error. I'd put a thin layer of grease on all bushings. I've had trouble with the anderson connector before. Make sure the contact in the connector are clean.

3. acornish

acornish Senior Member

sounds like motor is still energized if you getting a beep

4. acornish

acornish Senior Member

m brooks is right -- u can do it that way -- as far as the beep sounds like the circut is still being energised check your switch to make sure it aint shorted closed

5. freaker

freaker Junior Member
    from ontario

Still not working?

Got it all back together and have power at lines to motor when not a motor not attached when i put the motor on it don't have power anymore. Could the winch be frozen or moved out of range as it is stuck up and is drawing all the power?

Any help would be great

6. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

Do you only have an ohmmeter, or is it a multimeter? If so, is there voltage at the motor posts without the switch being engaged? I doubt it is powered, unless it is burnt up. If powered it'd be stalled out, but would still make a terrible sound. There is no range for it to be out of. Try using jumper cables directly from the battery to the winch terminals.