1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow bear replacement ? which route to go

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by Tirioloservices, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

i wanna get a back up winch.... without spending 250 dollars
    which one and where can i get one???
    and would i have to modify any brackets??? please help
    thanks

2. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

oh and how would i wire it?? please as much info would help \thanks

3. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

I have a couple of the Superwinches that have come off of a few demo plows and I can get one to you for 125.00 delivered. I cannot offer a warranty other than it was not useda lot and works perfdectly fine.

Thanks

Emmerich

4. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

what comes with it???any controls

5. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I replaced mine with a superwinch 2000 and just soldered the wires red to red and black to black.
    One small plate i made and drilled holes in to make it fit. Paid 79.00 at canadian tire for it. It works
    great.

6. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

Hi

Many winches can lift the plow but they are not geared for this kind of work you may find you need 3 or 4 of these winches per season.
    Thanks

Emmerich

7. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

I have been using a Promark winch for a little over a season. Works great, but I need to get a strap to replace the cable. Had to drill a hole in the factory winch mount to mount it up, or bolt it to a larger plate, and drill the plate for the factory winch mount. Wired the same as the factory Superwinch, or use the contactor that comes with it, and get rid of the stupid window box switch.

8. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

i ned a backup winch which way can i go without spending alot of money?
    and i can get on from harboe frieght but how do i wire it????

9. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

Take the connections off of the factory winch, and put them on the new one.

10. skidoo

skidoo Member

Snow Fighter how you making out with the super winch fron CT. Was talking to a guy that said he never had much luck with his. Did you use a snatch block?

11. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I think its better than the original. It works great. I just made a bracket to make it fit and got rid of the cable and drilled two holes in the spool and put a 3/8 extention (mastercraft) in it for the strap to go onto. You'll have to cut the extention to make it fit.

12. skidoo

skidoo Member

I went with the UT 3000 from CT The way I hooked up strap was with two small muffler clamps around a 1/4 " bolt with the strap through it. The only problem I can see is it makes the spool area just wide enough for the strap. I really have got the chance to try it out. I was thinking of drilling 2 holes in the spool and making a ubolt type thing but was affraid it weaken spool. Any thoughts?

13. yonkoske

yonkoske Junior Member

I had a combination of problems this weekend and ended up replacing the winch that came with my SB200 with this one from Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92860
    (Item 92860 - 2000lb Capacity Remote Control Utility Winch)

It was darn near bolt-on. All I had to do was widen the holes 1/8". I also use the same control switch that was originally supplied with the plow.

I had also blown my circuit breaker that was originally supplied with the plow. I replaced it with an inline fuse holder and a 50amp maxi fuse from Napa. All together it was less than $100 instead of the replacement winch from Snowbear at $200+