1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow bear plow lights

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bradman0087, Jul 14, 2009.

1. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

has anyone fabbed up a set of plow lights for a snow bear? I think $199 for a set of plow lights on 2 little brackets is a little steep...

2. coostv

coostv Junior Member

Very easy to do. I used 11 ga 1" square tubing (just cut square at both ends) and 3/16"X 1" flat for both the bottom and upper plates. I then bent and twisted the upper plates until the lights were level and even.

Being that it was just used for a few driveways, I just used tractor flood lights from TSC for $10-12 each.

I think all told I had $30 into the whole shebang. This included the redneck wiring! I used a trailer 4 way flat connector and an old outdoor extension cord.

It was so easy, I wondered why they charge $200 for them.

3. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

I got the lights when they were $99. I almost had a stroke when I saw they went up to $199!

They are made well, but if you have metalworking experience, or know someone who has, no doubt you can fab a set as good.

I replaced the lights with real plow lights..made a huge improvement. Search for my threads to see how I mounted and wired it

Paul

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

They drive you nuts anyway when that old whinch cracks down on the motor its like somebodys playing with a dimmer switch

5. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

Here is the thread how I wired it http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=30497