1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow bear light mount

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by sswt, Dec 1, 2009.

1. sswt

sswt Junior Member

had some issues driving with the plow on the truck at night, not that the headlights arent higher then the blade, but the snow deflector rides up with the wind and blocks the headlights. no way would i ever pay the 200 for the mount and light that they sell for the plow, so i went and made my own

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sswt

sswt Junior Member

[​IMG]

hmm double picture....lets try this......

3. ArcticCat1

ArcticCat1 Member

Nice setup! Looks tougher than the cheap Snowbear lights!!!

Was it just steel flat stock you used?

4. sswt

sswt Junior Member

yep just flat steel, kinda cut an angle at the bottom of the two pieces and welded the top together, then held it in place and welded it to the smaller pieces that bolt into the frame of the plow

5. champlainl

champlainl Member

how and exactly where are those angle irons mounts to plow,are they welded on or bolted on?

6. sswt

sswt Junior Member

the two upright pieces that run from the lights down are cut at an angle at the bottom, i made two pieces that bolted on to the plow and welded the uprights to the pieces that were allready bolted onto the plow

if that makes any sense at all....otherwise ill take some pictues of the setup at the bottom

7. Kyleb1115

Kyleb1115 Junior Member

nice. i am thinking of doing something like this. might be able to grab some used regular plow lights or maybe grab some from ebay! mostly because i plan on being able to drive with the plow do do some small driveways. hey, its worth the $100 a driveway!