1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow bear installation - need to cut air damn?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by calhoun, Dec 9, 2004.

1. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Any one install the 7'4" (200) model on a 2004 GMC 2500HD? Will I need to cut the plastic air dam for the mounts to clear?
  2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Are you sure your truck won't break the plow? :p I love Snow Bear but I think a 1 ton truck is too much for it.
  3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

There are not many snowbear owners on this site (plenty of bashers like mr bolens though) so you might need to give snowbear a call. I think they have a 1-800 number for questions like this. Take a look where you are purchasing the plow they should have the number. If you are just planning on plowing your own drive a snowbear is fine. If you are planning on commercial work you should look into something else.
  4. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Yes I have seen the bashers. This is my first year not plowing "comercial." Going to take a long winter break in Fl. I have plowed with Myers and Fisher just need to do my own drive now. It can't break down anymore than my last Fisher (which broke more than my previous Myers) and is 1/3 the price.