1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Banks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CLC, Jan 6, 2003.

1. CLC

CLC Junior Member

I have a Savings bank for an account, Recvied a call today for an quote on removing and moving, lowering the bankings around the parking lot? What do some of you charge??

2. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

CLC,
    I don't think I can help you price this since market prices differ, and I really don't ever have to do this, but I did have a couple food for thought items

1) Do you have the equipment to do this ? (ie. a loader / truck)
    2) Do you have a place you can dump it ?

If "No" to either of the above, I think I would look into getting a sub-contractor to do it, and tack on some mark-up for myself.

There are quite a few members on here from Maine. and while it is a big state, I believe that a couple are from your general area (landscaper3, I think is nearby), perhaps they can help you out either by subbing or helping you price it for yourself.

Just my 2¢, hope it's helpful

3. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

The way the snow has been here that last couple weeks people are paying anything!!!! We charge two different ways, some contracts are straight hourly and others are hourly on a loader and then per truck load. Per truck load is nice when the dump spot is close. Vary your rates depending on what equipment you use and what your cost is. Like rob said you can always sub it out and and something in for yourself.
    Casey

Last edited: Jan 6, 2003
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Call around and ask,most big snow removal companies will quote you the going rate.Find a sub to do it for less and pocket the profit while you sit at home.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we have been getting a lot of snow here too. At a few places i plow im going to rent a loader this coming weekend. For these places, i will only need a skidsteer. im renting it for $200/day and $50 for the trailer. you can also rent the next size up cat loader, the 206 i think for $200 a day. Is renting a possibility for you? you just rent the equipment and get your hourly rate and tack on the rental fee. If you have to haul it away, you could hire a tri axle for the day.

6. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

We had the same question come up when a couple of contracts were signed, so we contacted another local plow company that we are good friends with. The plow our local hospital that is accross the street from one of our accounts, and they are charging us $150 an hour for removal, and we in turn are charging $200 an hour. The funny thing is, they will be dumping the snow accross the street from our current account, as it is hospital property, and thats were they dump their snow.

John