1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow and Lawn Bid Package

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bulhead19@aol.c, Dec 23, 2013.

1. bulhead19@aol.c

bulhead19@aol.c Junior Member

Hey fellas. I have to submit a bid to this commercial property for grass and snow for next year. In my area I get about 28-32 mows per property throughout the season. For snow, we get an average of 120 inches of snow. I would plow this property on a 2-3 inch push for seasonal. Just looking for some input on what to price this property at. For equipment I have a 61" Ferris Zturn, 61" Ferris wb, Ferris 48" wb and many 21`s for the smaller areas. For snow I have an F350 with a Fisher XLS and F250 with a 7'6" with wings so about a 9 footer. Just looking for some help. I appreciate it guys. Happy Holidays

http://www.findlotsize.com/?place=4568+Waterhouse+Road+Clay,+NY+13041&submit=Go&r=e

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

50 bucks....

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

How about the size of the properties green area and sq. Ft. Of the parking areas...

This might help there chief

4. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Uh not sure but I think the op is some agency not an actual operator/owner.

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

yup, I remember that name. what gv says, $50Thumbs Up

6. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Heck a twenty dollar Tim card and a box of bits.

7. grandview

Now many Tim bits,that makes a big difference.:D

8. SnowGuy73

Well in that case. $18.00, after all, its Christmas!

9. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

20 pack, but you only get plain.

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

50k........ and a bagel BELT from Tim's, love those things.

11. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

This place is not too far from me, it is a IBEW union office. Wonder if they want their contractors to be union :).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  12. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

13. bulhead19@aol.c

bulhead19@aol.c Junior Member

I'm actually a solo operator in Syracuse NY. I am not a management company that you guys keep saying I am. Thanks for the link Quigley, that is a very helpful.

14. grandview

They wouldn't be able to afford union wages,

15. SnowGuy73

Hahahahah!

16. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Well id be at 6k for the year in mowing, and 12k in plowing for the winter before salt. I can break it down if you want... Im better at pricing grass, not so good with the snow

17. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Could you break down the numbers? I'd be close to 16k for the summer alone, just curios how you figured the price.

18. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah sure,
    Well I figured it would take me about 3 hours to cut, trim and blow this place. So that's 180, round up to 200/cut. 30 cuts a year makes 6k. Im a solo guy so im right at 60/65 hour for mowing. And in the calculator it said this property is 2.5 acres. I can easily cut 2.5 acres in about 1.5 hours if im taking my time with a 60 inch zero, and about another 1.5 to trim and blow. I didn't really take into account all the trees and signs/obstacles so time may go up and so will price. Hard to tell with a picture. Would you mind breaking down your price? Thank and happy holidays!

19. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

8x55x32=14080

I left extra for mulch, fert, and trash.... a lot depending on how the contract is worded.

20. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Ah you are talking about total maint. I guess. I was only talking about cutting the grass