1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow already?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ducatirider944, Oct 27, 2008.

1. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

It didn't amount to anything and it melted as soon as it hit the ground, but it was snowing for a few hours tonight. I'm not even close to being ready. I have to take my blade off my truck and mount it on a truck for one of my subs, put my new blade on my truck, and put new tires on my skidloader. Plow isn't in yet and neither are my tires. I have 3 commercial lots that take about 10-12 hours to push on a 2" snow with both trucks and my skiddie. All I have is my truck with my old blade if need be, My skiddie still has the tracks on it because I have to backfill a foundation end of next week. I have a bad feeling that I will be pushing snow in 3 weeks. I'm starting to feel like I didn't learn anything in boyscouts. Someone tell me they are in the same boat?:help:
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have no plow, no brakes on my truck, and the power steering is out:realmad:

Plow should be here Friday, and the truck is at the shop now getting looked at first thing in the AM.
  3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Had flurries down here as well.
  4. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I don't feel ready yet, and I've been plowing for almost a month already,... :dizzy:

What does that tell ya?? I'm not sure a person is ever totally ready,... ya just gotta do what ya gotta do when ya gotta do it,.... :rolleyes:
  5. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Thats the truth!
  6. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

We had a bit of sleet last nite w/ mixed snow. Winter apparently is coming early this year. We have 17 Fall clean-ups to do and 2 of them are One full day jobs w/ 3 man crews!
    No plows are set but are all in working condition and so are the vehicles except for one that has to be re-registered (but thats not a mechanical issue).
    I've been building my salt quantities so, I'd be good enough if it started tommorrow.:rolleyes:
  7. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

we started getting snow at the start of october...
  8. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I just talked to one of the guys up at the city shop. He was saying that the farmers almanac for this area states that Thanksgiving drivers be ware. Big snow storm that weekend.
  9. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

It snowed here last night nothin stuck but gettin the sleds ready
  10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

its been snowing here off and on all day the say some light accumulation tonight and im plowless. :realmad:
  11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I put a picture of the snow we got in Clear lake on the weather forum.
  12. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Well at least I'm not the only one:drinkup:
  13. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

1" to 4" expected in the North Carolina Mountains tonight. The most along the border with Tennessee
  14. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

calling for snow flurries tonight north of boston, no accumulation though