1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNOW advisory!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate lawns, Apr 5, 2003.

1. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

Yo guys,
    Here in Northern IL, we have a Snow advisory during sundey night and Monday. I hope we get it, I hope we dont get it, does not matter to me because I already started my landscaping. But this snow season has been weak for the midwest. Any of you other guy's think it will come?

Ultimate lawns and more,
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

We're under a Winter Weather Weather Advisory for tonight and tomorrow. I've already called my customer and told them I wouldn't be out unless they called me. Told them I'd do more damage than good. They all agreed they'd drive on 6 inches of snow rather than have their driveway torn up.
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I hope that the storm misses us, or at least remains warm enough to just fall as rain. I have started too many projects that don't need to be snowed on, and will be starting another this week...maybe.

The little bit of extra income, along with an opportunity to finish up the salt supply would be nice too though...
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

It looks like we are all going to get blasted one more time. Im in the 3-6" range. Time to put the plows back on,:) .
  5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I heard 3-6 inches for my area. I have to say that I really don't want it though because this week I have alot of spring clean ups to do.
  6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Same here for northern NY !
  7. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I guess I might as well go fishing since I know where all the snow went! Good Luck and take care guys! :cool:
  8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

6"+ advisory here, I was supposed to start cutting monday:rolleyes:

oh well I guess 1 more push would be fun

9. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

This is crazy, Its april and were getting a mid size snow storm.
    Where susposed to get 6+ inches. I started my landscaping already too. Have to get all my damm plows and salters hooked up again! Atleast I get to get rid of a load of salt I have.

Ultimate lawns and more,
  10. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

We're getting snow right now. The grass is pretty well covered. So far none is sticking on the pavement.
    A little while ago the flakes were as big as half dollars:eek:
    Earlier in the week it was 87 degrees.

Just more wierd weather,
    Mark K

covered grass.jpg
  11. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

They just changed us to 4-8" tomorrow.

Don't see it... grounds too warm.
  12. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

John- Hope you are right, for once I'm hoping it won't snow. We have been doing clean-ups for close to 3 weeks now, finishing the jobs that weren't finished last season. I felt we were getting back on schedule, with 4 or 5 new clients to get to this week.
    Oh well not much we can do about it. Like Sonjaab says, with snow it is always feast or famine. Good luck and stay safe guys. Mike
  13. Comet

Comet Senior Member

I wasnt living on the eastcoast in 1982, my family tells me on this day in 82 NY received a solid 9 inches

When I was 10 it snowed a foot on Easter Sunday

Im in the middle of a nice installation project, oh well

BTW Hi Mike on Long Island, we should maybe someday have coffee
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2003
  14. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

We are supose to be in the 6 - 12" range. Haven't gotten anything yet.
  15. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

You guys and ladies know why the kids dye Easter eggs???

So they can be found in the snow:D

Heard that the other day and thought it was pretty funny (and maybe true),
    Mark K
  16. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well, at 10pm the NWS dropped the warning for all of NJ except Morris, Sussex, and Warren. All day my family was telling me about the snow, and all day I told them I will believe it when I see it. Ground temps are too warm, would have to be one helluva snow for it to be plowable.

Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ 930 PM EDT Sun Apr 6 2003

...A Winter Storm Warning Remains In Effect For Northwestern New Jersey - Berks County - The Lehigh Valley And The Poconos For Monday And Monday Evening... ...A Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect For Southeastern Pennsylvania And Most Of Central And Southwestern New Jersey For Monday And Monday Evening...

.A Large High Pressure System Over Nearby Canada And A Low Pressure System Currently In Eastern Oklahoma Will Combine To Give The Region A Late Winter Storm. This Is A Similar Synoptic Set Up To The Presidents Weekend Snowstorm As The Main Contributor Will Be The High Pressure System Supplying Fresh Cold Air To Northern Parts Of Our Region. The Low Pressure System That Will Go Off The Virginia Coast May Very Well Have Above Normal Sea Level Pressure. The Southern Plains Low Pressure System Is Expected To Move Northeast Into The Ohio Valley Monday Morning As A Secondary Low Forms Along The Virginia North Carolina Coastal Plain. This Low Should Exit The Virginia Capes Early Monday Evening. Meanwhile The Large High Pressure System Is Expected To Remain Nearly Stationary In Nearby Canada. While It Will Be Cold Enough For Snow Across The Northern Sections Of New Jersey And Pennsylvania...The Slice Of Cold Air Will Become Shallower Farther South. This Will Permit Sleet To Mix In And May Be The Predominate Wintry Precipitation Type Around The Greater Philadelphia Metropolitan Area.

10:00- Carbon PA-Lehigh PA-Monroe PA-Morris NJ-Northampton PA-Sussex NJ- Warren NJ-

...The National Weather Service Is Continuing The Winter Storm Warning For Monday And Monday Evening For Six To Twelve Inches Of Snow...

A Winter Storm Warning Remains In Effect For Monday And Monday Evening For The Following Counties In Pennsylvania...Carbon... Lehigh...Monroe And Northampton. In New Jersey Morris...Sussex And Warren.

Eight To Twelve Inches Of Snow Is Expected In Carbon...Monroe And Sussex Counties And Six To Eight Inches Of Snow Is Expected In Lehigh...Northampton...Warren And Morris Counties. The Snow Is Expected To Be Heavy And Wet And Could Tear Down Weak Trees...Tree Limbs And Power Lines.

Snow Is Expected To Arrive Around Sunrise On Monday And Become Heavy At Times From Late Morning Through The Afternoon. While The Morning...Especially The Early Part Of It...Commute May Not Be Bad...The Evening One Is Expected To Be Treacherous. The Precipitation Intensity Is Expected To Be Heavy Enough That It Will Stick To Roadways As Temperatures Will Be Close To Freezing. The Snow Should Taper Off And End During The Evening. A Winter Storm Warning Is Issued When Severe Winter Weather Is Expected To Occur. Heavy Snow Is Forecast To Accumulate In The Affected Areas Causing Hazardous Driving Conditions. Those With Travel Plans In The Warning Area Are Advised To Choose An Alternate Route...Or Should Use Extreme Caution If Travel Is Unavoidable.

Stay Tuned To Noaa Weather Radio...Your Local Radio Or Television Stations...Or Your Cable Television Outlet For Further Details Or Updates. Additional Weather Information Can Be Found On The Internet At Www.Erh.Noaa.Gov/Phi In Small Letters.

We'll see....

17. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Well we are still on here and it is definately cold enough. I got the trucks set but am holding off onloading materials into the clean spreaders. If it happens I will be ready.
  18. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I just heard the weather and the guy is saying 5-9 inches in my back yard and up to 11 inches across western Rhode Island and parts of Conneticut.

Can you say CRAZY.
  19. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

Hey Comet- Looks like we are in for 6"-12". It's 11 pm on Sunday night and they are still saying it will begin during morning rush hour and continue all day. Near blizzard conditions during the afternoon.Where are you on LI? We are in the Huntington area, definitely up for a coffee sometime, I always like talking to other people in the business. Are you involved at all in the Landscape Gardeners Association? Be safe out there and make $$$. I would rather not have snow now and continue with the landscape work, but you can't argue with mom nature. Mike
  20. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Temps around here have been cold for the last two days. Its 10:00Pm now. This feels like it could be a big storm, it is very scary looking outside as I speak. I am finishing up putting my 98' Sierra back together as I type! I took it apart, thinking the season was over. Once again, never say never!

Chuck B.

Good thing is I don't have to due my 200 residential driveways, so I will have some fun plowing the commercials.