1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Accumulation Website?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by carcrz, Jan 22, 2007.

1. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Is there a website that shows what the actual accumulation certain areas got? We got anywhere from 3 - 8" here so I want to be somewhat accurate in my billing instead of guestimating. I thought it would be nice to see what other areas got as well. Thanks!!!!
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Look for select your area or zip then look for stomr totals. Usually a couple days after a storm there is a list of spotter totals.

I pretty much plow in one town in a 3 mile radius so I don't have a big range, but on commercial every time we pull into a lot to plow we take a measurement on what is on the pavement. Just lean out of the truck with a tape measure, and write it down on the sheet, takes 30 seconds. You can't get more accurate then that.