1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow aacounts for sale in chicagoland

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mrdeere160, Jan 7, 2016.

1. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

I am selling my snowplowing accounts at the end of this season. I have approx. 25-30 accounts residential and commercial properties average intake for a 2" snowfall is $1200-1500. Can sell a truck with accounts also contact me for more information. 630-973-6352
  2. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

all accounts are within a 5 mile radius
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Your truck is all that is really for sale here.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

How can you guarantee they will sigen my contract next year?

Does the business come with a LLC
    What is your reputation,
    Will need to talk with your clients first.
    How much does the business make in a year.
    Will need to see 3 years of tax returns.

Ho your just selling a truck, and know of some posibel clients.
  5. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

They have been my customers for the past 12 years and unless I tell them otherwise I will be continue to plow their snow for years to come!! I don't advertise anywhere I get work from word of mouth that is the best reputation!!!
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Sorry but the reality is ACCOUNTS ARE WORTH NOTHING.
  7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

That's the truth
  8. jdavis11

jdavis11 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Don't let these guys give you a hard time. I have sold accounts many times. Both lawn maintenance and snow removal. I will warn you they are typically not worth as much as most sellers would hope (gross from 3-6 pushes has been what I have seen). But that is still SOMETHING.

Also, the best way I have found to sell snow accounts is to sub them out to a company you are comfortable with for a season and has intentions of buying them the next season. That way the sub (purchasing company) understands the accounts and is more comfortable with the customers.
  9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Most wish they have and had 12 years experience and with the same customers
  10. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

Mr. Deere,

I picked up another companies business last year because the fit was right. Worked out well for both parties.

Would be interested but just searched where you are located and its a tad far for me. Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  11. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

Im just done plowing period. I just dont want to leave customers high and dry. I want them left in good hands and with somebody that has been as good as i have been to them. Some of them were my lawn accounts also but the guy i sold lawn accounts too is not getting back to me!
  12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have several customers that have been with me/us for over 40 years.
  13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Still plowing your parole officer home?
  14. Mark Oomkes

And the judge's, prosecutor's, lawyer's, etc
  15. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

I would certainly want the business name and proof of income. Word of mouth, Name, reputation and the years you serviced them is valuable. You would have to have a document stating you are out and have no intention of snowplowing ever in a designated area.

You would half to hold some of note and make sure your Buyer is performing or you get it back. I think you could draw a few bucks then. This is just opinion never sold a snow business,
  16. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Safest way for both parties is to work deal is to just receive a % of income on the jobs that you pass on to a new contractor,a commission.Many companies have salesmen who receive a commission on acquisition of new jobs.Maybe for one year or a diminishing rate spread out for a couple years.Of course the enforcement might be a problem with all the dishonest dbgs out there!Not many honorable men of their word around these days.
  17. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

That means you potentially are 45 years old!
  18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

think he's older then that,

19. Mark Oomkes

Potentially.........older than that.
  20. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

You can sell snow accounts. They're worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Opportunity cost is different to everyone. I sold a good group of solid full service accounts for 1 season gross revenue. I serviced them for 4 years and got burnt out. New company plowed them for a season and I did the billing. It worked for us. To each his own though