1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow 1/6/03????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike9497, Jan 5, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

been hearing snow for later tonight 2 to 4?????

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Snowing here now. Ground temp still just above freezing though, plus residual salt. Air temp is 31°, and at 2pm it was 34°, so it is falling. They are saying an inch possible for us by morning. It is a fast moving clipper too.

~Chuck

3. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Mike,

Snowing here in monroe, hearing about 1 to 3 or so...

Pete

4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Same here 1"- 3" although the weather channel keeps saying
    3"- 6".

Just checked the hospital I work for, Thank god for the residual from "Magic Salt"

Walks look a little coated in spots, guess they didnt use enough Magic in some areas... We'll see ... maybe it just needs a few minutes to catch up since the walks dont get as much use as the lots.

Anyway, it can snow all it wants, we're ready as ever.:waving: :D

"Ain't no thang, but a chicken wing on a string!!!!":cool:

5. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

weather channel last i checked said 1-3 but 3-6 would be great.is 3-6 by day break jcurtis???

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I was just looking at the radar.... I dont think anyone in Fairfield County is gonna get 2 inches let alone 6 inches:(

7. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

did it look good for new haven county to get 2 inches lol lol

8. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

anyone going out tonight?? doesn`t look like much here maybe an inch at the most and im in new haven

9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Got called for Salting at 11:30 pm, just got back home.

10. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Mike,
    It's 3:50 am and I just got in:eek: Been out since 5:30 pm. We got about 4" down here. Got some "War Wounds" tonight:(

I'll post about it later.

Greg

11. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

we got a decent amount of snow here, all schools are open if not open delayded. id say around 3'' just enough to go out for a few hours and make somemoney.

12. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

in orange county, ny, we got a dusting. about one inch of powder on grass and cars. we did salt our lots. finished all work by 7 am.

back to bed.:eek:

13. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

mike,

Got the call about 3am this morning for trumbull... got done by 6 or so.... and now back for more soon

Pete

14. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

Got a total of 3" between last nites and todays (flurries) snow. It's another billable snow. payup

15. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

We got about 2 inches of "flurries". Made the salt rounds twice and plowed a few key accounts. More on the way tonight!

16. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky....

Enjoy it, nothing here until the weekend...:realmad: Could really use the extra payup .

Be safe... *wishing for snow*

17. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

well went out around 4 AM.did some plowing but mostly sanding with my new downeaster 1.5 electric spreader.went out again at 2:30 PM and got back in the door about an hour ago.lots of fun and wasn't hard on the trucks.

18. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Got to plow/salt two accounts on Sat. night, then got to plow/salt 6 more accounts on Sun. night. Was stopping at the local car wash to spray the truck off this morning when I finished, and was approached by the owner, upset with the company that is plowing them now. They showed up as we were talking, but gave him some cards, and told him to call me. His current plower does not offer salt either. Then got a call this evening, guy wants his used car lot plowed, told me what he is currently paying, and he will pay us that amount, which is $10 more than what I would have charged. Plus he has a friend that has another lot down the road that needs to be done. I have to say, it has been a pretty good week, now we need this for the next 8 or 9 weeks. Good luck to all

John