1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mo snowboy, Sep 10, 2004.

1. mo snowboy

mo snowboy Junior Member

Has anyone seen these things? They were a exibitioner at the SIMA show. The concept looks pretty wild and I was curious about any thoughts on it. If you haven't seen it, you can check them out at www.snovantage.com
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Thing looks to productive. Clear a 20' path in one pass. I'd have to change the way I price jobs as I could never make any money on my hourly rate. ok guys go ahead and laugh.
  3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

That's why we charge on a per push or seasonal basis, my pick up with a 9.5 fisher EZ-V and a Sidewing clears over 12' in a single pass. It earns me over $200/hr, but I could never get that on an hourly contract.

4. bogger

bogger Junior Member
    from Iowa

so I am reviving a VERY old thread here, but, does anyone know if SnoVantage is still around, their website does not work anymore. (first time posting here too!):drinkup:

The company I used to work for had 2 of these (16' and 20') if I remember right, we ran them on Bobcat S300's and they were about unstopable in parkinglots, even with over a foot of snow. I ran tghe 16 foot all winter and loved it, I could do a parking lot that took 2 rigs with 12' proteks over an hour to do in less than 20 minutes (no joke). It wasn't clean to the pavement like the protek, but it was close enough a light hit of salt would burn it all off.

only problem we had with them was we broke the welds around where the hydraulic cylinders mounted on the outside wings. Both blades broke both wings. We sent them back to snovantage to get repaired/replaced at the end of the season, but I never saw them agian. Would of been a great unit with just a little more refining before they sold them, I think it was just poor welding and to thin of metal, but I am sure if both of ours broke, then others did, this is probibly why I can't find them anymore.

If they are still around, i would like to know though.
  5. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Kinda going to revive this again.

I have been looking all over for the Snovantage, anyone know what happened to them? I was looking to find one. Want to try it out around the shop this winter. I thought they were built in MN somewhere?
  6. speedy

speedy Senior Member

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

There is also a company that makes a 'swing-wing' blade, but I believes its designed for the rear of the truck. There should be plenty of pics/movies on here and on youtube of them in action.
  8. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I was looking for a used one to save money and to experiment some. I have always plowed with blades and wanted to try a box type with the hyd. 'flippers'. I have looked at the Machinablity plows and are sweet but is tough to spend that. The Degleman is nice but I am not spending that much for plowing out the shop.