1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoPro plow side harness

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Bucky336, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Bucky336

Bucky336 Junior Member

I have had the Sno Pro 3000 for two seasons for personal use. One thing I have always hated is that the light frame will flop forward when the truck is unhooked. Then you have to have someone hold it up when you hook up the next time. The torsion springs add no pressure, so I ordered some new ones, and they are exactly the same. So they won't add pressure either. There must be another design that I am missing.

Now, this has caused me another problem. It had flopped forward, and pinched the harness plug hard enough that it is deformed and will not work. I tried to put it back into shape,and it won't. So I call Curtis with my model number, and get a pn for a new plow side harness. It comes in, and it is rectangle. Mine has a corner knocked off the rectangle, and two large pins in the middle. So now after waiting over a week for this wrong part, I need to return it and pay extra shipping to get this right, if I can get the correct part numbers. Why is this so hard? I have my model and serial numbers!:dizzy:
    Anyone run into this with the harness or the torsion springs? What the heck am I doing wrong?

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

do you have a serial number from the plow it sounds like you have a single plug harness that we stopped using in 2006. For the torsion spring if they are installed right they will hold the lift frame up straight to line up with the truck mount. Do you have any pictures you could email to me? Give me a call at 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

3. Bucky336

Bucky336 Junior Member

I left you a message with the serial and part number of my plow. Thank you for your response!

4. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

The serial number 126639 was made 7-19-2001

5. Bucky336

Bucky336 Junior Member

Thank you. It turns out that this harness is no longer made, and I will have to replace the truck side harness as well. I'm not sure what it means for my controller. I hope nothing. The torsion springs don't work because the plow was originally put together incorrectly by the previous owner. I will correct that while waiting for more harnesses to be shipped to me. Ruining the plug on that harness has turned into an expensive cluster for sure.

6. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT