1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoPro 3000 wont move

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by indplstim, Nov 1, 2014.

1. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

No clicks on solenoid when I operate plow controls, but if I jump the solenoid with a screw driver I can get the plow to operate, im thinking maybe a bad ground? Worked fine when I put it away this spring. Any ideas appreciated.

2. bbarer

bbarer Junior Member

If you have the joystick controller check the power switch to make sure its working, also there is a fuse in the 12V line that feeds the controller that will also keep it from working...could be the ground or maybe the solenoid as well..

3. DERHNTR

DERHNTR Junior Member

Check the small wire on the solenoid. You may have to replace the solenoid too.

4. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

The fuse off the controller is good, if I jump the solenoid with a screw driver I can operate the plow with the controller. It's a touchpad btw. I started by replacing the solenoid first. The small wire attaches to the s marked side I believe. The other small terminal is marked with an I. Will clean grounds tomorrow after I get done with these stupid brake lines.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does your controller light up, or turn on?

6. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Yes the controller does light up, also cleaned the grounds, still nada.

7. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Maybe I'll get a different solenoid from a plow shop around here. The auto parts store solenoid usually works for a year or two.

8. dieselss

Operate the clicker, or get someone to do it, while there holding it, test light the solenoid, the little pins. One should be gnd and one should be pos. Not sure of your plow, if it's switched pos. Or neg

9. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

I'll try that out here in a few, thanks.

10. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Just went through the same thing, needed a new solenoid $10.99 at Tractor Supply. I also had a few pins in the large plug that needed to be re-aligned for the plug to make full contact, seams to be working fine now.

11. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

To wrap this thread up, I figured out the problem, and at the risk of making myself look like an idiot, I had replaced the solenoid, but hadn't mounted it back in yet. These solenoids ground on the bottom of the solenoid itself. So it wasn't working because there wasn't a ground.

12. dieselss

What solenoid did you get?
    All the "plow" solenoids I have ever seen use an external gnd wire

13. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Its just a 12v starter solenoid from the autoparts store, I have ordered the proper part, but it appears the curtis solenoid only has 3 wires as well. Well at least that's what the picture indicated. the $13 dollar part at least gets my 2nd truck going for tonight.

14. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

The original solenoid only uses three wires. You can use a western part, just run one small terminal to ground.