1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoPro 3000 Turn signal issue

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by jgabrenas, Jan 12, 2015.

1. jgabrenas

jgabrenas Junior Member
    from Athol

I have a SnoPro 3000 , about a month ago my driver side turn signal started to flash fast on the cab and would not flash on the bulbs, so i checked the fuse and it was popped, put new one in and hit the signal and heard it pop again. so i started to look so see if i could find the issue. after trouble shooting in the snow for hours i found it was the wire that they previous owner spliced into the turn signal that goes into the wire loom and down into the connector for the plow.without that wire connected it was working fine. so i left it undone as i use the truck more without the plow than i do with it.

Today i went out and went to use the truck and now the passenger side is doing the same thing. clipped the wire that goes to the connector and the truck turn signal started working again.

My question is : do i need a new harness or is there a way to find the short. it is still in the loam and it is now worn anywhere that could be causing the short that i can tell. its one thing missing one turn signal on the plow but its another to have both out now

Any help would be great

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

On the wiring the pink is right turn and purple is left you can check if it is grounding out on the harness. Hook power to the end and see if it is powering more then just turn signal wire.

3. jgabrenas

jgabrenas Junior Member
    from Athol

Thank you for your reply.
    At what end am i applying the power to? the end that i have disconnected from the truck wiring?
    and than probe the connector and see what ports are becoming live?

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Look at your plug ends, may have corrosion. Very common. Does it only do it with the plow hooked up? Go on there web site and get diagram, get pin outs, then check with an Ohm meter, the ends you cut off to ground, and to the other pins on plug. There should be no continuity to any other pins except the two turn signal feeds.

5. jgabrenas

jgabrenas Junior Member
    from Athol

it doesn't matter if the plow is plugged in or not. I'll check for corrosion. If they do have corrosion is there a recommendation for getting rid of it?

6. Randall Ave

Just go to the auto parts store and get a can of electrical cleaner. Be carefull as it will harm plastic. You may have to scrape around the pins. What is the application, and is a two plug, or a one plug setup?

7. jgabrenas

jgabrenas Junior Member
    from Athol

it is a 2 plug set up, i will try to get to the store and pick some up. thought i saw some corrosion on some pin just havent looked to see if they are the pin sets for the turn signals yet

Related question :
    i need a new cover on the truck side to go over the plug as mine just broke off. the diagrams on the curtis site shows it as 3 part numbers :

1TBP136 VEHICLE SIDE CONTROL WEATHER CAP
    1TBP140 LOCK PIN STORAGE HOLDER & LANYARD
    1TBP141 HARNESS LOCK PIN (SET OF 5)

do you need all three of the parts? or can i get away with the 1TBP136 VEHICLE SIDE CONTROL WEATHER CAP???

8. Randall Ave

The first gut who got back to you is the guy for parts, he is very good with Curtis, his phone number is listed in some other posts. I have gotten parts from him. I got to no Curtis as I was an installer for a dealer in New Jersey. You need to do your tests for shorts, or crossed wires. I wanted to no what truck, and year its on. If the plugs are bad he has replacement plug ends for both sides of harness.

9. jgabrenas

jgabrenas Junior Member
    from Athol

It is a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with a Dual plug

10. jgabrenas

jgabrenas Junior Member
    from Athol

after playing a bit i found out that its a plug issue... if i wiggle the plow around i can get them to work and stay working, but once i back drag and some snow builds up the plug moves a little and causes the same issue again. does this mean i need to get a new plug as it is not staying tight?

11. Randall Ave

If the plug is under the bumper route it thru the bumper. Do you have the lock pin in the harness plugs? If you have to tie the plugs together.