1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoPro 2000 no left or right

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by m300636, Nov 22, 2011.

1. m300636

m300636 Junior Member
    from CT

I just bought a old F700 Flat bed that has a SnoProw 2000 commercial plow. The up and down function work perfectly but the left right do not work at all. The pump runs but no movement. I have researched this problem on this site and have talked to the Technician at Curtis. The coils seem to be working fine for left and right...they have power (meter tested) and also tested this by placing a screw driver inside the coils and activated the coils which attracted the screw driver to the id of the coils. I even removed the valve from the manifold and attached the coils to the valve hoping to see if something inside would move when activated. Only thing that happened is hyd. fluid shot out of the manifold port!
    After hearing from the Curtis Tech that these valves due fail and you can not tell be looking at them I purchased a new 3000 tandem valve. The tech said they are interchangeable with the 2000 unfortunately it comes with 2 new coils also$$. Long story short I installed the valves and new coils but still no movement!!

I removed each hyd hose to each cylinder (left & right) one at a time and activated left & right and fluid shoots out of each one but realized this happens when activating the lift also(not sure if that should happen)? With both hyd hoses of the left & right cyl. off I manually pulled the plow into center position thinking maybe one of the cylinders was frozen but not so. Only thing I did not totally investigate is the angle relief valves. I removed each allen plug and did take out the spring but due to the position of the unit fluid kept oozing out so I never did see if there was a ball bearing behind them. Could this be the problem. I reached in to the hole with a small magnet pen but no ball came out of either port?? Can the bearing get stuck? Additional note... the fluid is clean and no contamination was found in the valve or in the relief valves.
    I am stuck on what to do next and time is ticking!! Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

If you are trying to angle and oil comes out the lift hose there is power going to more then one place or manifold is cracked inside. Check for power at the lift coil and for the angle relief should have a ball or piece made into the spring.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I had a curtis 3000 and it stuck on me after the summer. I put it up against a tree and angles at the same time and it unfroze. Didnt have a problem all winter after that.

4. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

To help the pistons from freezing you can put grease or oil on the chrome ram.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I had an old Meyer diamond that occasionally would get air in the system somewhere. All I did was raised the plow and had someone push left or right and then I would push on the blade and it would work itself out.

6. m300636

m300636 Junior Member
    from CT

Thanks for the response.

I actually talked to you on the Phone this morning about this.

Based on your guidance I pulled the manifold off and took out each plug for the 2 relief ports. They each had a spring but only one of them had a ball bearing? I am guessing the last owner opened this relief port and lost the ball bearing? It is a .0250"diameter ball bearing, can I get one of these from Curtis.

I am hoping that is all that is wrong with the unit!!!

I can be reached at 860-906-4320 if this ball can be purchased or if someone out there has a spare???.

Thank you,
    JIM