1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by zeek, Dec 3, 2009.

1. zeek

zeek Member

Worth the time and money for the steel ones? Or will I have problems with the snow lifting the blade? Now remember I am only running a SD Plow, so it's not as heavy as a HD.

Thanks in advance.
  2. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

It will lift the blade even if it is the heavy duty,I still prefer to have one for stacking reasons.
  3. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

truthfully i got rid of my snow foil it was great for the roads but in a lot and stacking with the foil i was having no real luck and the foil was taking alot of abuse ..never liftd the blade as u said but i changed to a steel deflector and its night and day with that i'd recommend a steel deflector any day over the foil $100+ cheaper makes your blade that much higher and stops the snow from coming up and over!
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I never had snow lift the blade under a foil. The foil does not help for stacking.
  5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Go with a deflector for stacking, you will most likely destroy a foil stacking new snow on old frozen banks and piles, however a foil is great for roadway plowing, never had a lifting problem with them, but have had visability problems without.
  6. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

I have absolutely never had a problem with lifting, and my plows that have sno foils have held up well. They have never been a real problem stacking either, but it may be because of my stacking philosophy: trucks are not for stacking, trucks are for piling gently. My loaders are for stacking, for a rate above and beyond the cost of plowing. I am not going to pound on my trucks in a manner that they were not designed to be abused just to make less money.