1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by peterng, Dec 19, 2010.

1. peterng

peterng Senior Member

So this plow I bought has a snofoil on it.

I've never used one, any thoughts on it? Will it get hooked up while banking things back ?
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't use it if I were you.It just adds more resistance when your plowing.If you want to use a foil get a rubber one.They are lightweight,and keep the snow spray from getting up over the blade.
  3. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Fisher snowfoils blow the flaps away. You wont find a better rolling foil.
  4. peterng

peterng Senior Member

so does the snofoil help roll the snow towards the end, whereas the rubber flap just sens it straight back into the mix?
  5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes thats correct.The snowfoil by fisher are very good snowfoils and work great if thats what you want to do.It also puts more snow infront of the blade.So it really depends what you are looking for.If you are looking to roll the snow then use the snowfoil.If you are looking to keep the snow and spray from comming back at the truck then get a rubberfoil from fisher.
  6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

check here for what i did on my plow for the best of both worlds

that thing keeps a lot of crap off my glass and rolllls snow like a snofoil from fisher but dosnt rust or bend up like there metal one.
  7. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I'll be interested to see how it works with the Buyers wings I just bought Hopefully we'll see this week. Rain and 1 noreaster a week here keeping me guessing !
  8. tbusciglio

tbusciglio Junior Member
    from Oregon

I have one on mine and it works pretty good. I don't have problems getting hung up. I also have the Pro wings on it as well, they work great and well worth the 200 bucks.
  9. peterng

peterng Senior Member

wow that is awesome to hear. Thanks.

I got hosed on my pro wings. Was WAY to busy at the time to look for 2 minutes into buying online. I just got them locally from a dealer, who got them from a supplier, who got them from Buyers. They all took their cut along the way :)
  10. 1bohica

1bohica Junior Member
    from MA

Had a Sno foil on mine for years, wore it out (went to change it to another plow and it was worn so thin from the sand/road salt in the snow, rubbing against, it it was like some one sanded it down to paper, it buckled after the last bolt was removed). Loved it but had one issue with it and was probably my "A" type personality kicking in.....it seemed like some times the snow wouldn't roll to the edges and would just lift the plow off the ground
  11. peterng

peterng Senior Member

That's the first thing I've heard that wasn't positive, but I'll watch out for it.
  12. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I had one on my old 7 1/2' plow and worked great.It helped keep snow from blowing up on to my windshield.I have the rubber deflector on my ExtremeV and it helps but not as much as the snofoil did.
  13. bikernut

bikernut Junior Member

use an old snowmobile drive track, remove studs and bolt on it does hang down much and doesn't flop over the top either
  14. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Junior Member
    from CT

You will love the foil when your stacking the piles .Cuts way down on icing around the radiator ect.:drinkup:
  15. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

what will really hook you is the fact you wont have to get out of truck as much to clean out under wipers
  16. peterng

peterng Senior Member

A few people told me they'd get hooked up on their banks because of the snofoil. They must have been rammin her cause I've had zero problem. the only snow that comes back is if I build up snow to the point where it is spilling over the foil. My driveway is 1/4 mile long and it's the last one to get plowed, some monster drifting.

2 thumbs up on the sno foil working in combo with the pro wings. 4 thumbs up on the pro wings.
  17. tkmack

tkmack Junior Member
    from Ma.

Not a big fan. I guess it depends on where and what type of plowing you primarily do. The plows I have used them on were used for plowing highway ramps and overpasses. I used them for several years and the problem I always had was I could not keep from shaking loose. Bolts would always loosen and break. I could not weld them enough. I would weld brackets only to have them break some place else. Also if you hit something with them they would bend.
    Finally I decided to try the rubber and I couldn't be happier. Because it is not ridged It will not break,crack, or bend. Also it is simple and cheap. Like I say, I guess it all depends what your doing with it. Good luck. Personally I hate the things and I will never use one again.