1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snofoil question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mikemac, Dec 17, 2006.

1. mikemac

mikemac Member
    from ma

I'm going to mainly be plowing roads for a city. Do i need a snowfoil or will i be ok this season?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you'll be traveling faster than 10 or 15 mph I'd highly recommend a snofoil.Not only to help the performance of the plow but also for better visibility,especially with the light fluffy snow's.The foil will help you throw the snow farther to the side of the road and help to keep it off the windshield when plowing at the faster speed's that you encounter when plowing city roads.

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

i def agree about keeping the snow off the windshield.....ive plowed city streets with pickups before i switched to backhoe, and the foil def made a huge difference

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

yes, definitely go with the sno-foil

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

you will also want to put your shoes back on if you have taken them off, or at least get another cutting edge. doing roads chews them up fast.

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

put the shoes on AND get a carbide or highway duty cutting edge. The Fisher edge is too soft, as are most replacement edges. You want the same thing the highway crews use. They have hardened edges in 6 inch widths.
    If you use normal edges (like Fisher's) even with shoes you'll chew em up.