1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoEx

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowman79, Dec 11, 2008.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

What do you guys think of the snowex spreaders? We have a snoway spready now which is ok...but its kind of small and doesn't spread as nice as we wish. The only thing that is keepin us away from getting a snowex is it obstructs the view out the back window which the snoway doesnt..... SO what are yalls opinions

2. Signature lawns

Signature lawns Junior Member

I like the fact that there aren't any chains, belts or pulleys (all 12 volt elect.)-so there is

less overall maintenance and less parts to repair and or replace. :nod:

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I love my snowex tailgate and my boss has a snow ex vbox. 8000 class iirc. We ran it (vbox) every storm last year putting around 5k through it each time and I've never heard him complain about it. I ran it twice and its very nice. With being all electric its nice not to have to worry about a second gas motor not working right.

4. bridge577

bridge577 Member
    from ohio

Please look into buying a Salt Dogg first I own both sno-ex has not stood the test of time and everything for them is very expensive. They also fight people on there warrenty big time. The salt dogg it the best in my oppinion so far.Hands down.

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Their tail gates are awesome. I ran an 1875 for years w/o compaint. The 8000 is junk. I had a lot of problems running bulk salt through it.

6. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

i like my 1875. but parts aren't cheap

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

The controller is the weak link, you will need to buy one at the worst time. If it was me and I bought one, I would call Bob at Karrier Company in Ohio and get his controller. They don't put out as much salt as my dump insert.

Regards Mike

8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

iv heard really good things about the electric polly hawk

9. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Never seen one.

10. 4Seasonsmgt

4Seasonsmgt Junior Member

To be honest with you I have a new 3000 series and to be honest with you it sux. We took out all the metal in the back of the spreader and it still won't go through without a man on the back. Any Ideas on how to make it work better before i chuck the thing of my truck.