1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoEx 7550/8500

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by IA snoman, Dec 28, 2008.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Does anybody own one of these spreaders? I did see one in person but am still not very well informed about them. At first I thought the auger was supposed to be better than chains or belts. Now I did read that the auger doesn't spread sand very well and although I spread salt some people still want sand so I need the ability for both. Look forward to any and all comments on these units.

2. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

I have the 7500 and have spread literally tons of sand with mine. You do have to run the vibrator to get the sand to flow to the auger. I love mine.

I also spread bagged Ice Melt/rocksalt with it. I do have to dump my bags out towards the front of the vbox to keep the salt from flowing right out the back. The new 7550 has a little different setup to help prevent this I think its a baffle of some kind. I think this baffle must be removed to spread sand though.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i use to own the 8000.... i wasnt inpressed

the7500 i think is similar to the 8000

the 8500 is a completely different design , i cant comment on it

4. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i have the 8500 that i bought new this year and i love it... works great. I've put about 45-50 tons through it with great success this season. I would recommend them to anyone.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Be ready to buy a new controller at the worst time. If I bought on I would buy a new controller from Karrier Company just to be ready for when it does die on you.

Regards Mike

6. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

What kind of material are u spreading? And how much did it cost you. I saw one on Ebay for $7400 but thought that sounded high.

7. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

My 7500 was around 5000-5500 installed last winter.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

jjmcnace
    i have one 7500 and it came with an upgraded baffle...maybe you should check and see if one was avaiable for free to you

9. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

Give John Conrads at City Tractor in Coralville, IA. a call. Its the John Deere dealer next to the mall there. I bought my 7500 last Dec. from him for $4500 installed. I know he has them in stock. Tell him I sent ya. His number is 319-625-3105