1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoEx 7500 Spinner Wobble

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by bankroll, Nov 18, 2014.

1. bankroll

bankroll Member

Hello Gentalmen.
    I purchased a SnoEx 7500 used. I saw the metal bar guard was tweaked quite nicely so asked the seller "Any Wobble in spinner"? he replied nope just bar got bent when I Backed into my other plow truck..lol went out salting yesterday and my spray pattern looked a bit wonky to say the least... any ideas how to straighten that shaft a bit? thanks in advance.

2. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

I've straightened the motor shafts a few different times, not on your specific spreader type though. I just remove the motor, take the case off, and very carefully heat the shaft with a very thin flame off a map torch, then put the shaft in a heavy duty vice and or bang it around until it looks straight. No guarantee the motor will even work after its all back together obviously. This is a last ditch effort to salvage a working motor.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I would say leave it. Unless it's really bad. Not super easy to.get just the shaft out

4. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

I've heated the shaft while it's still attached to the copper coils or whatever it's called. That's why I hedge and say its a last ditch kinda thing.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Snowex uses a transmission, so it's iffy to do. Boiling out the grease and all. And I think the shafts are stainless.

6. bankroll

bankroll Member

with the wobble I have salt shoots for the sky... i guess i will keep spinner low and watch out for crazy people who seem to sometimes come out of no where

7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Had the same thing with my 8500! It got bent at the end of feb. so I just lefted it since it still spun. Needless to say I tried to heat it up and straighten it out in the off season and I didn't have any luck. I replaced it now, But I had a piece of angle I put above the spinner with some carpet to finish off the year so I was salting the roofs of cars!