1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snodogg md68

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by RangerDogg, Jan 13, 2009.

1. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Hi everyone,im new to the site .I used to have a 2003 ford f250 curtis 8'.I have been plowing since i was 17 .Stopped a few years ago because needed to sell truck to buy a house.Originally started with a 92 ford ranger 3.9 if i remember with a meyer 7' plow.Did a great job then .Now i have a 05 ranger edge with a snowdogg md68.I have had it on for three weeks and 5 storms.Just plowing my driveway and family till next year to get back makin some money.So far i really like the plow it moves great and fast. just the pain of the jack like most say.But i was looking at some others and the price since i last bought my curtis in 02 have gone way up on all plows.So for the money i could bet it.I did want to go with the curtis homepro but the money was 1,000 more .I have owned many different plows so i do give them a thumbs up so far.Thanks for your time. Scott

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I recently purchased a md68 for a jeep...So far so good! perfect for tight PITA parking lots!
    The plow jack is challenging, not to sure about the release mechanism over time; for the money; best bang for the buck!

3. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Ya the jack sucks but like you said best bang for buck.And it plows great .

4. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Houseing

Hey check your stainless houseing for pump and electric i was just looking at it and my electrical wires are rubbing and starting to rub off wire coating.I will have to go to dealer again.

5. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Thanks RangerDogg,
    I will check it out and hopefully there is no issue there...thanks.
    I will also point out from another post: "check all welds".