1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoClaws

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by firefighter, Nov 18, 2003.

1. firefighter

firefighter Member
    from Ohio

Anyone ever use SnoClaws instead of chains when plowing snow ?

Firefighter

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Never heard of them,can you give a description?,Do you use them or are you interested yourself?

3. firefighter

firefighter Member
    from Ohio

Arc Burns

Check out www.snowclaws.com I thinking about buying a pair for when those special times occur that you need chains. There made from polyurethanes.

firefighter

4. firefighter

firefighter Member
    from Ohio

Arc Burn

Try this one www.snoclaws.com I spelled it wrong on the last thread !!!!!!!!!

5. Arc Burn

Hmm....I don't know,they don't reccomend them on ice and i didn'e see their "low" price?For pure traction it's hard to beat steel chains,i wonder if they would see to much stress while plowing:confused:

6. North Country

North Country Senior Member

We had checked out the sno-claws as an option to driving over to pull out another truck if it was stuck. The price wasn't low enough for that use. I guess if you plow by yourself they could help out if you were stuck, but I don't think they are ready for the demands of plowing. Here is the pricing page if anyone is interested http://www.flex-trax.com/site/521855/page/45031

7. firefighter

firefighter Member
    from Ohio

update

I called flex-trax today, they are the one's that make the snow claws. Asked them how they did on ice, replied - they would be better than anything on the market. Asked how they would hold up plowing snow, replied - no problem, they strapped a set on a monster truck and they could not tear them apart. They said that they work on hydraulic principle.

firefighter

8. Arc Burn

If you try them out be sure and report back,who knows,maybe they work great?