1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JimmyT, Jan 2, 2012.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Junior Member

Hi- I'm a new guy so please bear with me if I post in the wrong forum or something. MY first Question is -Can someone tell me how to check to see if a Snoway module is shot? I have power going in but none coming out. I dont know if the power that normally exits the module is too small to light a test light? My wired controller wont power on. I believe I have continuity and a good ground. Thank you.
    PS I am wondering why Sno-way doesnt have a separate forum like the other manufacturers do?

2. fords4me2

fords4me2 Junior Member

sno=way controller

I'm looking for a controller for a htv200085 series sno-way "v" plow. Does anyone know a website or phone number to a company that i can order one. thanks!

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Junior Member

I've only been a member here for 3hrs and I already got my post hijacked!

4. zevychevy

zevychevy Member

hijacking happens... go to the chevy forum and post this same stuff, theres quite a few guys that run around in the chevy forum, near the bottom of the main page, that deal with sno-way and know what they are talkin about.

5. fords4me2

fords4me2 Junior Member

my bad, im also a new member, im still trying to figure out how to use this site

6. JimmyT

JimmyT Junior Member

No problem Fords4me2. You know, if I end up going wireless, which I may ,then I would sell you my wired controller. (If its what your looking for).
    Thank you Zevychevy. I posted in the Chevy section. I hope I get this resolved. Its snowing pretty good up here.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ok the red and white wire that goes to every coil should have 12 Volt. The wire going to the controller is 5 volts. Have you checked the fuses? Before deciding the receiver (module, brain, black box) is bad remove the wire loam bundling the wires and look for a broken wire.

We stock the HTV control. Call Kim 8-3EST 610 268 0007

8. fords4me2

fords4me2 Junior Member

From what I have been told and what I have read they don't make a wireless controller for a v-plow, maybe the newer ones are but they do has a wireless controller for a straight blade on eBay, and thanks basher, I'll call for a price later

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Anyone with the SNO-1 pump can use the new pro-control wireless. You have to change the pump harness but you can upgrade the system. We had a special running on them earlier in the season but I think we are out of stock right now.

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Junior Member

can i call you, basher? Its 7:00

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8 am EST someone will be in the office.

12. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

On your question they did have one. And its a long story. I wish they would come back. I do know that they are watching this sight. I love my sno-way and will get another 1 next year.

I love my Z

13. JimmyT

JimmyT Junior Member

I'm up and running- My brain was dead-lol. I replaced the module. And at the same time went wireless. I hope it works good. So far so good.....

Seems like it could only help them to have a spot here. Them and us. I would think it would be good advertising. Do the other manufacturers have a tech to monitor and chime in with solutions? That would be really good.

14. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

No they don't my rep I know is on here from time to time. There are a few snoway guy's on here. And there are people who hate
    them and tell you to get something better. Basher is great on snoway. I have an old one but it works like new. Sorry I could not help
    you out. I am glad you are up and running you can email them and let them know how you feal about them not being on here.
    just keep it clean and nice.

I love my Z

15. JimmyT

JimmyT Junior Member

Mines quite a few years old now.. Never had any real trouble with it before, just the usual grounds, connections,- dumb stuff.

16. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Wireless controller, blaaahh..make sure you bring it in every night and have a spare set of batteries handy. I found no benefits to having a wireless controller, other then.."ya my ****'s wireless" turned out to be a bigger headache. The cords are long enough to pull through the window to get the plow on. Clean the crap out of everything under the box, put as much anti corrosive spray on all the connections, pull off the coils from the valves, make sure there clean. Watch your bell crank.

I have found that snoways tend to have a lot of maintenance.

17. dooleycorp

dooleycorp Senior Member

you guys will like this site theres always a good bunch of guys ready to help enjoy