1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Way wireless

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stone74, Nov 19, 2013.

1. stone74

stone74 Member

Just bought a 26 series Sno way plow about 2 weeks ago and got it with the yellow pro wireless controller.
    Charged it up the first time and it died less than a day later, charged it again and it lasted a week.
    Charged it in my truck yesterday and said it was fully charged yet this morning went to lift plow and it was dead again.
    Any thoughts on why? How long should hold a charge?
    Debating contacting dealer to see about a replacement.

Off topic a bit but used the plow twice already and love it!!
  2. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

Mine lasted well over two weeks on a charge after about 6 wks I tried it was dead. Just recharged it
  3. Craig Voelker

Craig Voelker Junior Member
    from Iowa

The battery won't hold a charge if left out in the cold. On a full charge, I normally get 8 hours of operation time before re-charging.
  4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Just picked up a year old 26r myself. You can just leave it plugged in while you plow right?
  5. Craig Voelker

Craig Voelker Junior Member
    from Iowa

You can leave it plugged in while plowing.
  6. stone74

stone74 Member

Thanks for replies, I don't leave the controller in the truck comes inside when done.

Guess I will just keep an eye on it and see if contacting Sno Way is warranted maybe I got a dud battery or something.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A new unit should hold a charge a lot longer than a couple hours, yes you can use the unit when charging. Take it to the dealer you purchased it from they should be able to warranty it for you.

FYI they sell a 120v charger, I suggest one and leave the unit plugged in when you are not using it, it will maintain a charge that way and last a LOT longer.
  8. stone74

stone74 Member

Thank you for the info Basher, will contact the dealer that I bought the unit from.