1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Way Wireless -Delay

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by seedman, Dec 25, 2009.

1. seedman

seedman Junior Member
    from CNY

Wireless remote is giving a "delayed reaction" signal to the plow . Could there be some kind of interference from some other signal like a home security system , or remote car starter , garage door opener , wireless computer router . I'm going to test it in another location today . Has anyone had similar problems ? Is the control module about to go bad ? Fresh batteries in remote .

2. JCE

JCE Member

I have an area near me that has something like 8 different cell towers all on one corner. It seems that within 1/4 mile or so of these towers, I get "Lost Signal" or "No Receiver" displayed on my remote. Even with these codes, the plow still responds, but sometimes with a little delay, and sometimes I need to push the macro or joystick twice. It's the only area that I have that problem so I guessing that's the cause. Not a big deal, just something I need to compensate for when plowing in that area.

3. seedman

seedman Junior Member
    from CNY

I tested the plow in a different area with no improvement . I can push the up or down maybe 10 times before it responds , sometimes more than that . Press and hold the up button and it might only lift 6 " inches then stop . Angling the plow , its the same thing . I'm going to ask a friend to come over tomorrow and try to program his transmitter controller to my plow . No snow in sight for a few days , which is a good thing . Merry Christmas , Seedman

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They will always have a slight delay, I mean like a half of a second. That drives me nuts and one reason I don't like the wireless controllers. BUT hitting it 10x is a problem. Take it back to the dealer and see if they'll warranty a new transmitter. It is an issue they had last year, and actually had a recall on them.

5. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

I had the whole wireless shabang deal going for 3 seasons..finally the receiver kicked the bucket and i switched to wired..i love it...

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you runnig entergizer batteries? Try them if not, the extra length makes a differance.:nod:

7. seedman

seedman Junior Member
    from CNY

Brand new energizer lithium batteries . I bought the used plow from a dealer who is going to install a wired controller Monday . This will be the third time taking it back to him . I'm sure he's had enough, trying to fix it . When they are working good , the wireless are nice I'm sure , but not this plow . It has some issues . I think it is the transmitter . I'll let you know how it works out next week . The snow is heading my way . Some of you folks are getting hammered in the midwest - 14 inches . We get that in one night here on the shores of Lake Ontario - Lake Effect . Thank you Basher and everyone else for the help .

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have your dealer check the coils in particular the ones in the center and the one passenger side rear. This can be a sign off coils starting to fail and drawing too much energy. Are those coils black or blue?

9. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Were are you taking it to Rotellas? There going to tell you you may need to replace your coils. I just went threw this not to long ago. If you have the black coils they are 25watt i believe, the new blue coils are 16watt. Do the same job, just wont draw as much. It sounds like your receiver is going bad. BTW, there not going to know how to check the coils, there going to tell you to just replace them.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

it is better to have blue coils on the two center and the rear passenger side valves.

It is worth your while to change them regardless of if they work or not, regardless if you have the wired or the wireless control.

11. seedman

seedman Junior Member
    from CNY

Switched Plows

I switch from a MT to a HT with DP . The issues with the HT now is still a delay reaction but only if the plow is cold [ it seems ] . I put it in the garage and warm it up and it works perfectly . No hesitation at all . I'm 99 % sure it is not hydraulic because it makes no noise at all when you push the controller . No signal . If there were ice in the fluid you would hear the seleniod clicking and or the motor come on . I warmed the garage and re-programed it this morning for the hell of it . 5 inches of wet snow . Plowed the driveway , it worked good , drove 15 miles then it started acting up again and it got worse . The plow would not raise only after 15 tries . Back in the garage for 20 minutes , it works perfect . I found moisture around the inside edge of the control module , its on the heater here in the house to dry it . and will seal around the edges later tonight with silicone . Tell me more about the coils . They are red , six of them . Are they expensive ? Are 16's weaker than 25's , meaning less pull . It's all new to me . I'm learning

12. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

No concerns with the red coils. They will be just fine. You do not need to replace them.

13. seedman

seedman Junior Member
    from CNY

Update

Dried and sealed the control module , installed it back into the plow it works perfectly , for about 1 hour , then the delayed action begins and continues to get worst until it won't move at all . If the hydraulic fluid has water or moisture in it , and freezes , wouldn't the plow- motor - solenoid , trying to operate , make some kind of noise ? It doesn't.... To remove the hydraulic fluid - water I can drain the tank . What about the valves, do you have to disassemble all the valves and clean also . What about hydraulic fluid anti - freeze I'm hearing about ? Can I just pour that in and it will work ? If I warm the plow up in the garage , it works good . Something is freezing up . It's 12 degrees outside now @ 7:00 pm . I think I bought one of those Florida - Sand Beach Leveling Plows . They only work in warm weather . lol

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check your power cables. Make sure they are clean and attached directly to the battery, don't forget to check the circuit breaker connections. If you can when the unit slows check all the coils for heat.

15. seedman

seedman Junior Member
    from CNY

Cables & Coils

I have cleaned the cables and they are connected directly to the battery . Can a coil get moisture in it and if it did , would it stop all functions of the plow . What ever it is , when it freezes up , it slows down then nothing works . Can I drain and change the fluid myself and do I have to take the valves apart to make sure the water - fluid is out . Also do I need to bleed the system .

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can drain it, use a turkey baster if you don't have a vacuum pump, drain the tank and the rams. We normally leave it on the truck disconnect the angle rams and drain them before we drain the tank. Don't forget to drain both sides of the lift ram. Reassemble fill and flush it well with Meyer Hyda-Flush, run it though it's cycles a half a dozen times at least. Then drain the hydra-flush and remove and drain all the hoses, and rams You can use the hydra-flush to lift it to swing the blade to clear the rams. Clean the in line filters located in each hose at the manifold, for the best result you should either scope the pick-up and return filters or pull the tank and check the filters cleaning/replacing if necessary. If you pull the tank be careful of the O ring.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Monarch Repair/MonarchRepairManual.pdf

17. bushsmith1

bushsmith1 Junior Member
    from vermont

Mega V and Mega Revolution

News has it that at G.B. Mechanical Truck Center in Williston Vermont is they are offering this deal, V-wing (2) and Revolution (3), They are willing to sell there inventory on these plows for 10% above there cost, this might be the time to purchase the V or Revolution. Just thought this was interesting news to pass along to all that are interested in a new plow at a decent price.
    Sweet deal purplebou

18. seedman

seedman Junior Member
    from CNY

Control Module

I found out this morning that the wireless control module is bad , for some reason it won't work if its cold. I took the girlfriends hair blow dryer to it after the plow sat outside all night in the cold . After one minute the plow started working . It wasn't frozen hydraulics . If your having similar problems try this , you never know . Don't over heat it . Thanks everyone for your help ... Seedman

19. steamer

steamer Junior Member

snoway

I had trouble last year with plow hesitating, it was around communication wires Cable/telephone my plow would not lift all the time. Went back to dealer (JC Duke lawn Equipment) lots of times they kept telling they never had this problem before.Finally had enough of catching grass I had it hard wired in cost me 500 bucks the dealer refused to help. Now that it was hard wired in it has had no problem .
    That was last year. This year when a was setting up I hooked up the plow had allot of play in the lift cylinder frame area took the plastic cover off and the bolts had came loose on frame (they had locking nuts on them ) and wore the holes oblong.Duke lawn said this should be covered under warranty as the nuts should not have backed off.I dropped the plow of. 1 week later they said Snoway refused warranty. They wanted 300+ to fix it.I said I would fix it Myself when I went to pick it up The mechanic (Bill) went on christmas break and left plow in pieces They wanted to put it in the back of my truck in pieces .I wanted it back the way I dropped it of so I could lift it with my harness on the front of truck as I would not be able to get it out of the back of my ruck at home by myself. They had My plow 2 1/2 weeks I got it back assembled wrong. Now I will take apart redrill the holes bigger and put bigger bolts in .This has got to be the worst plows I have ever had I like the down pressure that was the seller .I have had western for 20 years never had this much trouble,It is not 3 years old ( SNOWAY 29t was supposed to be the TOUGH COMMERCIAL plow I plow residential driveways and I am the only operator it does not get abused.
    NOT HAPPY
    Steamer

20. seedman

seedman Junior Member
    from CNY

So Far - So Good

Other than the delay problem the plow works great . Here is what I think , somewhere inside the control module there is a broken contact , wire , diode , transmitter , something . So .... when it gets cold , it contracts and separates and the receiver won't work . When you warm the module up , it expands and the two make contact , and it works .... for about one hour . When your out in the road [ sideways ] and the plow won't go up , it ain't good . The guy I'm dealing with has been good so far . I hope he will hard wire it for me and that will be it . I like the plow . The down pressure is why I wanted a Sno Way . I have four garage doors to clean out and it works great . I'll keep an eye on those bolts . I just replaced the two on the angle cylinders .