1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way vs Air-Flo

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SharpBlades, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I am starting to look for a v-box salter for this winter. I have 3 options that are available from dealers near me: snowex, which i'm not happy with my snowex tailgate salter and its the most expensive ($5k plus install), so thats out of the question

air-flo 8' psv, which is the lowest cost option ($4300) installed. and is from the dealer that i buy most of my snow equipment from.

sno-way 8EVBSS, which is $4500 and from the dealer that I get all my landscape and lawn equipment from.

I am just looking for opinions from people with experience (either working on or running) any of these spreaders.
  2. iceman1

iceman1 Senior Member

hands down airflo.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

X2 hands down on Airflow. We run (ran) both and the versatility of the Airflow being able to control the conveyor and spinner separately makes a world of difference. The Snow Ways dump a lot more salt and a narrower pattern. With the AF we use almost half the salt and cover the same square footage.
  4. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

After more searching I also found out that I have a salt dogg dealer not far from me. I haven't called for a price yet, but now I'll ask the question: Salt dogg or air-flo.

also, which feed system on the salt dogg spreaders do people prefer, conveyor, or auger?
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I like the SHPE series electric augers, but I do only salt. Some materials work better in a conyevor style hopper. Even in the conyeyor type I prefer electric.

When comparing units look at the bearings and shafts, gage of wires, separate vs combined feed/spinner control, thicknesses of material, drive system arrangement, weight, ease of maintenance and repair as well as price.
  6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Another vote for the airflo. I haven't run a snoway or salt dogg, but I had a great experience with my airflo!
  7. iceman1

iceman1 Senior Member

I would say price at this point. Airflo and Saltdogg are about the same deal if you are buying the stainless dual electric models. Call me if you would like a price on airflo
    Thanks Chad 513-678-1597 chad@obersons.com