1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way/Tundra lot truck pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by show-n-go, Dec 10, 2009.

1. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I don't know how to make those links open when the thread does. Anyone care to tell me how???
  3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, hows it only got 504 miles?
  4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Because it's only been driven 504 miles......
  5. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

It stays on the car lot all year. The only time it leaves the lot is for fuel and once to get the plow put on it. This is the truck i use to clear the car lot that i work for, this is not my truck.
  6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

do you plowing with your excursion or that single cab yota better?
  8. KelleyZP

KelleyZP Member

9. Turkey

Turkey Member

How do you like the Sno-Way/Tundra combo. Thinking about getting out of commercial plowing but want to get something to do my driveway. Was thinking a Tundra with either a Western HTS or a Sno-Way 26.
  10. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

The new Tundra's are sweet.. I'm not a huge fan of the Sno-way so far. Compared to my western it seem like a toy, the handheld is cheap feeling and some of the wiring seem the same way. We haven't had any problems out of it but it only does 4 parking lot's. I prefer Western but have never plowed with an HTS. If your going to buy a Tundra let me know, I can sell you one at or below invoice. Or if your looking at used I can hook you up there too, i could make it worth the drive.
  11. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I feel like my snow-way is a toy also. That is why I have a new Western going on tomorrow. I do like the Tundra though.
  12. Turkey

Turkey Member

Hey guys thanks for the input. Haven't drove a Tundra yet, but will probably check out a 2008+ Tundra, 2009+ F150 and a 2007+ GM 1500 and try to find a certified used if I can. Need to tow a 6,000 lbs travel trailer and these new half ton's have more HP, more trans speeds, and equal towing and GVW as my '00 F250 with a 5.4L.

Show-n-go I'll keep the offer in mind, I've seen the Tundra's pulling in pretty good $$ even used. You have any knowledge of the crumple zone frame on the Tundra? Saw rumblings of this elsewhere here, I'd assume all new half ton's have this and would have the same issue with a plow if abused??

I like the down pressure of Sno-Way, but I agree they look like toys. I like the ultra mount HTS for it's clean removable mount over the Boss midweight. I don't see how the "scrape lock" of the HTS works, other than it won't ride up due to being cylinder lifted vs. chain. My Boss V does that now, but it's not equal to down pressure.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  13. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

14. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

some pretty mean lookin toys.

15. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

16. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Yes they are mean looking.. Obviously i was speaking of the model that i have. I have never used the bigger one like you have. I hope they use thicker wiring and a better handheld control than what our's came with.. I love the yeallow and black look, those are my two favorite colors.
  17. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Those mega headgears are awful looking.
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I owned a Mega V and they aren't any better.
  19. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

what kind of deal could you get me on a last years model Tundra 4 door white or black?

im going to college next year and ive been looking at some tundras. Thanks
  20. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Last year's as in a new one or a one year old used one. I also nee dto know what model and equipment that you want.