1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNO-Way ST series to be mounted on 2002 Wrangler

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by SLACKER63, Dec 19, 2008.

1. SLACKER63

SLACKER63 Junior Member

I am going to transfer my sno way ST series plow from an 89 Wrangler to a 2002 Wrangler. I realize I will need a new sub-frame for the 2002, but do I also need to order a new nose piece?
  2. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

So - Basher can be much more technical then me... What i can tell you is - yes it will work - but you might have to do some cutting. Does your 89 wrangler center section have "3 holes"coming off it - or just one where it mounts to the other pieces of the subframe?

My S-10 Blazer had the "3 hole" kind. I used a band saw to cut the brackets down to only 1 hole (per Bashers instructions) and it bolted right up to the wrangler subframe pieces......

Post a pic of your center section - I can tell you.

Or Basher - who probably knows exactly what you have.... will post first. :D
  3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The sub-frame that you will need, 99100528, includes the nosepiece. If you have lights, you will need light harness #99100196, no light harness adapter required for this application.

The difficult part will be locating the sub-frame, Sno-Way no longer produces it and our inventory has been depleted. I did a check of my territory (IN, MI, OH) and there were none reported.

Perhaps Basher will have one in stock. He seems to have alot of the older ones around.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need a 99100301 mount it will allow you to use your nosepiece. I do not have any in stock however I would be interested in purchasing your existing mount. I will look for a mount for you in the mean time.

Please go to my web site and contact me.

We have your vehicle on our radar to produce a mount as SW is no longer supporting them. It will be for a 22 series however, although we are considering a ST/MT version as the demand seems to be there. I don't know why SW is not supporting these. If I can build them cheap enough to retail then why can not a company that already has the designs and fixtures for production. Particularly since there is a high demand:confused:
    Guess they're too busy under engineering the new mega Series:D
  5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

DUH....glad it's Friday. Sorry, I gave you the number for the 1998 Jeep. My bad. Good catch Basher.
  6. SLACKER63

SLACKER63 Junior Member

transferring snow ST series to 2002 wrangler from 89 wrangler

Basher, I will be pulling off the sub frame from my 89 this week. I sprayed the entire unit down with WD40 after each use so it should be rust free. I'll send you photos and you can give me a price. Please look for the sub frame for the 2002 wrangler (part # 99100301) for me. Thanks again.
  7. greenersport

greenersport Junior Member

Hello, new to the site!! Do you get a new frame for your 02 wrangler? If so, Do you have the frame from your 88? I may be buying the plow setup for a 92 wrangler, but would need the frame.

Let me know.

Thanks alot,

8. SLACKER63

SLACKER63 Junior Member

Wrangler sub-frame

I'm sorry to report that I have not yet transferred my plow from my 89 Wrangler to my 2002 as of yet. I am still using the 89 to push snow around and hoping it will last the remainder of the season.
  9. greenersport

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I need to figure out whether or not I am dealing with a 3 pin setup or a 2 pin. I just talked to a local Sno Way dealer and he said if its a 3 pin setup forget it. If its a 2 pin, then he should be able to get one, probably like 600 bucks. Hopefully yours makes it through!!
  10. SLACKER63

SLACKER63 Junior Member

Wrangler sub frame

I am curious why he said forget it if it's a 3-pin system unless he's implying the sub-frame is hard to find. Mine is for a 3-pin system. I am hoping I don't have trouble locating a sub frame for my 2002. I was told the nose piece is the same as for my 89 so it will just be the sub-frame that I will require. Good luck.
  11. greenersport

How's it work

Do you like the way it works? I can pick up the blade and pump (all one package setup) with control for $200. However I need the frame for my Jeep. I should know what setup and model it is within the hour.

12. SLACKER63

SLACKER63 Junior Member

Wrangler sub-frame

I've been plowing driveways with my 89 (4 cylinder no less) for the past 7 years. The snow-way has been durable and performed without a single problem. I spray the plow, nose-piece and sub-frame down with WD 49 after each use which I believe is why my unit shows no rust or wear and tear. When I first got the unit I used it to plow a large parking lot at a grocery store. I don't think that is the intended use of this plows. It's perfect for driveways.
  13. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I'd buy it for $200, 3 point mounts are hard to find for the smaller vehicles but you could get another modified.
  14. cpd427

cpd427 Member
    from ohio

I know this post is kind of old, but I have a 3-pin mount that was on a 2003 wrangler that I'm selling/trading...I need a 3-pin for a 1997 blazer.

15. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Tell me WD40 never touched the poly? :)
  16. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i have a 301 in stock if you dont