1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way ST Series on 03 Dak Quad Cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rpdwyer, Aug 10, 2009.

1. rpdwyer

rpdwyer Member

Hello All.

Past couple of years I've been plowing my driveway (about 300 feet on a hillside) with a old beater Blazer with a Meyers TMP 6.5. Well, I've had enough of that thing leaking fluids, not starting, no heat, passenger window stuck down, the smell of mouse urine and about 30 other issues.

I have a 2003 Dakota Quad Cab with a V8 4.7 LT automatic I want to use. I found a 3 year old Sno-way ST 6'8" plow with down pressure I'm thinking of buying. I've read a number of conflicting opinions on Sno-way and the Dak as a plow truck. My Dak does not have the tow or plow package so I wanted to get opinions on whether the ST on my truck is a mistake or not. I know the ST is not as heavy and not as strong as the MT. Not really sure if that is better or worse for my truck.

Any opinions are appreciated.

--Rick

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=44794

After you read all that, for what you are doing you could well use the ST. It's to light for commercial work but for just your drive, if you approached it properly it would do the job..

3. rpdwyer

rpdwyer Member

Thanks for the reply. My concern however after reading a bunch of posts on the ST is that it will break. I read a few posts where the angle pistons broke or a weld gave way. When you compare the MT to ST side by side, the MT appears to be stronger plow. Not sure if I should drop 1K on the ST or try to find something stronger.