1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Way ST drops

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by MNSnowplower, Dec 25, 2009.

1. MNSnowplower

MNSnowplower Junior Member
    from MN

Hi everyone,

Pretty long time reader, first time poster....

I have a Sno Way ST with down pressure. Today after coming out of a stack, the plow dropped. Each time I lifted it, it would just drop. I'm suspecting one of the fittings of the hydraulic hose of the lift cylinder. Does this make sense that a cracked fitting would cause a loss of pressure so it wouldn't stay in the raised position?

Thanks much for any insight. I've always enjoyed reading posts from so many knowledgable people!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No a cracked hose does not make sense:nono: you would see big puddles of fluid and the plow would not lift.

First I would check to see if all the wires are attached to the coils.

Does the unit raise with the same spped it always did?

3. MNSnowplower

from MN

Thanks for the response, Basher. The plow raises like normal. I will check the connections. I appreciate your input.

4. MNSnowplower

from MN

On second thought, it does seem to be little more labored to raise.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Also look for frayed wires that might be grounding out, if a mouse or something chewed some wires the snow/water could be providing a current path and holding a valve open or partially open. How long since it's been serviced, fluid changed, etc? What's the temperature there?

6. MNSnowplower

from MN

I've been bad. I haven't changed the fluid. I bought the plow new in '05. I sent you an email.

Thanks,
    Jon

7. MNSnowplower

from MN

Having been able to visit with a helpful man in Hibbing, MN, and using the plow for a few minutes, it started to work properly. I was plowing all day.

Thanks, Basher, for the suggestions. I know I need to do a lot of service work on my plow.