1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way SNowplow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowwannab2003, Dec 5, 2003.

1. plowwannab2003

plowwannab2003 Member

does anyone know if the sno-way snowplows are any good?:confused:

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, they're good. Can you be more specific? Try doing a search for Snoways on past threads.

3. redrocket

redrocket Junior Member

sno-way

Wannabe, I was going to get a 9' 32 series sno-way but I couldn't find or get enough positive feedback on this plow. I'm in WI not more than 30 miles from where they make them and called the headquarters and asked for the name of someone who is using this plopw for light commercial/ residential. They never called me back so I think i'm going to play it safe and buy a western poly. Parts seem more plentiful.

4. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I went from a Western SUV plow to the Snoway with down pressure. What a difference! :p
    [​IMG]

-John :cool:

5. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

hey, with that down-pressure blade and back blade, you can change all fout tires on that jeep without a jack!.......sweeeet!
    -Jeff-

6. danthegrassman

danthegrassman Member

Tomorrow I will post pics of my rigs during the day.

I got a 8 foot 3 in. v plow, and a lexan 7 foot 6 in. straight plow both are sweet and the down pressure system is second to nobody!

I run the plows on a 2003 F350 Diesel(v plow), 2004 F250 Gas (lexan).

I actually run the lexan on 99 silverdo but th 04 ford i should take delivery next week I can't wait.

I would purchase another snoway product again I might buy a jeep and put a small lexan blade on it so it can manover really tight spaces and would be ideal for my residential routes.

Thanks, Dan

7. NOGO73

NOGO73 Junior Member

I got a 1998 7'6" lexan ht with down presure(no it doesn't lift the front tires off the ground with this truck) on a 1992 f350 7.3 IDI. I like it although alot parts are hard to get on demand but thats what the emergency kit is for. I do eight accounts 3 light commercial and 5 residental. If I ever go full on commercial I'd buy a blizzard. only because I don't like v-plows I don't know about snoways v but everything else seams to leave a trail right where it v's at. alot of the little things you can just buy western parts for or some other make of plows.

f350_1.jpg

8. Allsnow

Allsnow Junior Member

I have 1-7'6"lexan, 1-7'6" steel and 1-8'3" Lobo V plow Snowway Plows.
    They have performed well and the weight saving is a must if using a plow on lighter GVW trucks.
    Our local police have been on a rampage the last few years and there is now way of getting most 3/4 tons and any 1/2 tons legal with a Boss V or other heavier plows.
    I've gone to 1 tons to carry the bigger plows.

Hope this helps.

9. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Police check your plow setup? :confused:

-John :cool:

10. PushIt

PushIt Junior Member

Mine is great, I use it as a storm door. And the down-pressure, just what i want, somethings that takes away traction, breaking and steering ability.

11. Allsnow

Allsnow Junior Member

re. police check
    Our city police has a Traffic Division which has a scale and they spot check truck plows.trailers hauling skidsteers ect.
    They scale your front axle,rear axle and your GVW.
    In 97 I had a new HDF250 reg cab with the snow package option and the large Lobo V plow.
    I was scaled and was over on the front.We added weight behind the rear wheels until the front was legal,and the back was legal but the GVW was over.I had to drop the plow and was fined.
    I had to change the plow to a snowway 7'6"for the remainder of the trucks lease

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I think snoway is junk they want 4k with down pressure id have a new western that cost 3700 and its 10 times stroner and reliable