1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way snowfoil.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Sep 15, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

The dealers want $200.00 for the snowfoil! It's only a length of industrial friction belt, alternatives? Thanks in advance.
  2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

You already found it... find some used conveyor belt material.
  3. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

I have a Snoway V plow, it has a special plastic, molded, snow foil. Yes, it is a bit of money, but I personally think it would work better than belting. I have found the wet sticky slush type of snow tends to stick to belting I have used in the past on Fisher blades.
    It's like a lot of things, Yes you can make your own, but sometimes you trade off some performance when you make some things yourself. Don't get me wrong, I am all for doing as much "Yankee engineering" as anyone, just be prepared for a bit of a compromise between factory and homemade.

P.S. I am looking to buy a used Snoway, 8' straight or better, a "V" blade with wiring, etc. Or just wiring if anyone has any.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I have a series 25, 9 ft. straight blade. The sno-way foil for the plow is just that (industrial friction belt). I'm looking for some belting of the same material, i think i can fabricate it myself for less then 2 jacksons, from a scrap belt.(one man gathers what another man spills) The late,great jerry garcia! :cool:
  5. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

Anyone know where I can find conveyer belt material??
  6. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Try your local gravel pit.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I put flat steel on top of the belt to help hold it down tighter.
  8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the local TSC has bailer belting, which is around 1 ft wide and as long as you want. not sure on the price since its been along time since i had to buy any.