1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way skin prices?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rebel, Oct 25, 2010.

1. rebel

rebel Junior Member

anyone on here sell or know of a better place to get lexan skin or a cheap place to order a stainless one?
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I got lexan ones on Ebay.....hell od alot cheaper then the dealer
  3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

check the guy out on ebay. he's my neighbor. he works for a plastic company
  4. rebel

rebel Junior Member

what are they listed under on ebay? key word ?

or do you have an ebay business name?
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

just search snow plow
  6. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Call up you're local plastics company and tell them what you need.
  7. littlejohns77

littlejohns77 Junior Member

Hello I bought mine from RCPW/Sohars I think it was $10.00 Shipping
    Description: Yellow Plow Shield for Meyer Snow Plows
    Price: $39.99
  8. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

Where at in NE Ohio? If you want steel of any kind just measure it and go to AirGas Great lakes, (used to be lake erie iron and metal) in painesville. If you want some kind of plastic, go to House of Plastics in cleveland. Sometimes you can get their "drop" stuff for pennies on the dollar.

Hope that helps. Oh, my @ cents is go with steel or poly, I have seen way to many lexan moldboards break.
  9. cdcplow

cdcplow Junior Member
    from utah

go to local glass store ask for 8x4 sheet 1/4 in lexann its 120.00 dollars
  10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They don't use 1/4 inch lexen either 1/8 or 3/16.
  11. cdcplow

cdcplow Junior Member
    from utah

either or * thanks
  12. rebel

rebel Junior Member

thanks guys....

i thought lexan was poly?.....is there a big price differance between poly and stainless?

what is the thickness of the stainless yall are using?
  13. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

Go to sno-ways website and check the guage of the moldboard they put on your model plow. Then just buy that guage from a supplier. You will probably have to heat it to bend it into shape on the plow, and you will probably need a couple of buddies to help.
  14. col steele

col steele Junior Member

I replaced the plastic sheet on my Sno-ways 2 years ago.I used sheet medal I got from AirGas Great lakes,you will have to pre-form it a little to the shape of the plow frame,weld it in place,a good coat of paint and your ready to go.My plow is over 14 years old and have very little problem with it.The only thing I had a problem with was the dealer I got from,a real a..hole,he could care less about taking care of after the sale.I had to go over the installation and make correction,
  15. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

You can all so go to G.E.pollyshapes for 150.oo I got a 4x8sheet I had them cut it in half for ten bucks I now have a spair. Or I can sell
    it if I need to.

I love my Z
  16. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I replaced my rusted out steel on my Sno Way lobo V plow with stainless. It cost me about 200 dollars, and I installed it my self in about 3 hours or so. I just went to a local steel supplier, and bought the stainless and they rolled it to match the curve on my plow. Simple and easy.