1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way skid steer blade question.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by lawn king, Oct 16, 2008.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

If i were to put a skid steer blade on my kubota loader ( L series quick attach) would i need to install a front remote or would the existing 4 coupler valve function the plow?
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Just run the hoses from the back up your loaders arms and your good to go. They sell an electronic diverter valve for the front also but using the rear hydro's is better and cheaper. JMO.
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I don't understand what you mean by a front remote.

The straight blade plows include a crossover relief and 2 6' hoses with npt fittings. It sounds as if you have everything you need to run them.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think he's refering to hydralic ports.
  5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

You could use a diverter valve on your loader tilt circuit. You could add an additional remote circuit to the front of the loader (similar to a skid steer loader). Or you could do what most do and simply run hoses to the rear ports on your tractor and attach them semi-permanently to the tractor so that they can be removed in the off-season. Here is a link to a company that does a diverter valve kit, I am by no means endorsing the company because I do not know much about them but it is a source and from photos appears to be a nice kit:

Hope that this helps and thank you for considering Sno-Way.
  6. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

I welded a quicktach [ skidsteer type receiver] to my{ broken cable} snow plow. We can use it on all of the bobcats now. Then I plumbed my front end loader on one of my tractors as stated above, so I now can use augers, grapple buckets, or the adapted snowplow at will, since they all have the quicktach hook-up
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

When doing this you should always run a crossover relief on the angle rams.