1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno way selonoid

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by fred9526, Dec 15, 2012.

1. fred9526

fred9526 Junior Member

in replacing my sno way selonoid, it looks like it sits on gromets to keep it not grounded? and the replacement came with a jumper wire, don't think the old one had that? sorry for dumb sounding questions, but sno way manual only show selonoid with no wire connected and wiring diagram doesn't hint if it is grounded or not?

Before I put selonoid on, did now work, but could short terminals and make pump go.

now with new selonoid, I hooked it up and pump does not shut off???

any help is appreciated
    p.s. its a sno way mtd 2000000 series with down pressure.

2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Look for a Guy named basher he is the snoway Guy I don't know on that model mine is grounded. Pm him sorry I can't help out

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They sold you a universal 12 volt motor solenoid, get rid of the jumper wire. Power in to one large terminal power out to the other they are often marked you want power in to battery. Red wire to one small terminal brown wire to the other. Check you didn't blow a fuse.

The rubber grommets are an attempt to isolate the 12volt MS from the vibration of the plow, I think they were concerned about the ability of the plastic to hold up the the loads and vibration at 10 degrees.

Send me an email include the type plow and I will send you PDFs of all the manuals and the repair guide.