1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way revolution HD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike ward, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mike ward

mike ward Member

We have a number of Western wide outs and are pretty happy with them but there are times that I would like a plow with more "containment" than the WWO. The snowy rev hd seems to offer this. Any opinions or reviews?

Thanks,

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

id stay with western get some wings

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

The grass is not nicer on the other side.

I owned the snoway 2011 v plow =junk.
    The 2011 the shop sold many of had issues also.
    The new 2013 revs the shop has sold. Multi electric motors replaced, lift ram bushings break and had one come in strapped up and dragging the ram. More was broke underneath than bushings.

Snoway=junk or at least many service repairs. Down pressure is great but the rest of the plow has issues. Always coming up with new fixes, so they are trying but the fixes still have issues.

Stay western if that's what you like/have. I went Boss and won't switch.

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I have 3 Sno Ways, 8' straight blade, a 28 V, and a brand new 29R. They are not junk.

5. djagusch

from mn

Keep a eye on your 29r lift ram bolts/bushings. Takes about a year to start wearing or a heavy snow year. No warning and not very visable but a critical component that has failed multi times in under 2 yrs of use.

6. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thanks DJ, over 50 plowable events so far so we had a heavy season. Gonna check that stuff today.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If the operator pays attention there the is a lift delay once the bushings start to wear signifacantly and you can catch it before it starts workng on the lift link or bellcrank. Yes it is a maintainance item and there is a bushing hardware kit available.

8. djagusch

from mn

Do they point that out in any owners manual that its a maintainence item to watch for?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

While they don't mention the bushings in particular in the manual no one lists every wear point. It is something we advise customers to watch, we look at during every service and is covered in training classes. RARELY do we see units needing bushings replaced in a single season.

From the Snoway Owners manual;

IMPORTANT:
    1. Inspect plow assembly including sub frame for any
    damage or excessive wear. Replace parts as necessary.