1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TANMAN, Jan 8, 2002.

TANMAN Junior Member
    from MIDWEST

I have a Sno-Way plow that I can not lift while the down pressure switch is in the on position. I use a Joy Stick.

Sounds like a wire is connected incorrectly?? Or relay problem??

If I turn off the down pressure it lifts fine.

Any clues Sno-Way guru's???

Thanks in advance!!!
  2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

My son knows the wiring on these things in his head. I expect he'll be around tonight. In lieu of that try a search for Sno-Way related threads, I think someone else had the same problem a couple weeks ago and it was a bad connection on one of the valves.
  3. 95zII

95zII Junior Member

When you open the back of the joystick, there's two jumpers that go to the center terminals of the down pressure switch, one's pink, and one's either Black or yellow. The pink wire should be on the same side of the switch as the blue #11 wire. If it isn't then you hafta swap the wires. If the wires aren't reversed, check the diode the pink wire's attached to, if that's bad then you'll hafta replace that