1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Way Pump Help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Case Plow, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Case Plow

Case Plow Junior Member

Hello i have purchased a 6 1/2 foot sno way plow recently and i just tryed it out. The left and right cylinders work fine and so does the up position on the up and down cylinder. I cannot get the plow to go down. I do not have the plow mounted on a vehicle yet i just am pushing against the frame of the plow creating a force to push the cylinder as if it were going down. The switch is in the down position but i cannot push the cylinder. It moves a tiny bit but thats it. Also when i engage the down pressure mode the pump runs. Is this normal or do you just turn the down pressure off when it starts to lift the front of the vehicle up? Again im new at this and not to knowlagble at the sno way set up. Also it is a Fenner Fluid Power pump and motor if that helps. Thanks Alot, Case Plow

:mechanic:

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

As for the pump running while in down pressure, yes that is normal, because the pump puts pressure for the down force.
    For it not going down, I'd put it on the vehicle, and I think you will find that the plow will go down, because there is pressure holding in the up position. And it needs the weight of the plow to fall.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Unit will not lower Down pressure switch
    OFF)
    Plugged breather cap See Maintenance section
    Low or no current available at lower solenoid
    Lower solenoid valve sticking or stuck
    Lower solenoid coil inoperative
    Raise cylinder damaged allowing movement in
    one direction only
    Flow control orifice plugged

Unit will not lower Or Unit will not apply Down pressure(Down pressure switch
    ON)
    Motor not running
    Down pressure valve stuck partially shifted
    Lower solenoid valve sticking or stuck
    Inoperative down pressure, pressure switch
    Inoperative down pressure solenoid/valve
    Down pressure relief valve setting to low
    Down pressure toggle switch (in control box)inoperative
    Broken wire/ open circuit in down pressure electrical circuit

Fenner manual

http://www.snoway.com/service/Fenner Repair/97100036A.pdf

24/25 owner’s manual and parts manual

http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100200E.pdf

http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100204j.pdf

There is a little help.

The unit should both raise and lower hydraulicly.

4. Case Plow

Case Plow Junior Member

Those manuals are life savers thank you very very much. I found out that the pressure relief was turned out all the way so there was no pressure to move the cylinder. Gave it 2 turns and it works fine. Also does anyone know how to determine the model and year of the plow? The serial begins with 24107 but I don't know what that means. Another thing is the plow don't have lights because your headlights are suppose to shine thru the clear lexan but it is scratched. Does anybody have any idea of how to fab up a light bracket? Thanks, Case Plow

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What vehicle?

6. Case Plow

Case Plow Junior Member

2001 jeep wrangler

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

will get the links for a light kit when I am at a different machine.

8. Case Plow

Case Plow Junior Member

Basher i saw that you sell sno way parts and such. Could you give me a price on the new headlights that sno way uses and a bracket? I was on your website but there are no prices. Thanks, Case Plow
    :mechanic: